Oh gosh humidity season

lewdo26

Registered User will do
Silver Member
McChen said:
time to get a glove, hehe
Well, that too.

But I was playing on a shimmed table last night (haaaaaate shims --- if you're gonna play tight pockets then play on a tight pocket table) AND:

I have to go toward the center of the cueball a little more to make sure I make the ball and play thicker angles WHICH MEANS:

I couldn't move the CB around 'cause the table was playing slow.

Therefore what a dilemma. I couldn't do much for my game.

Lots of safeties.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lewdo26 said:
Well, that too.

But I was playing on a shimmed table last night (haaaaaate shims --- if you're gonna play tight pockets then play on a tight pocket table) AND:

I have to go toward the center of the cueball a little more to make sure I make the ball and play thicker angles WHICH MEANS:

I couldn't move the CB around 'cause the table was playing slow.

Therefore what a dilemma. I couldn't do much for my game.

Lots of safeties.

Humidity is a problem because the extra drag causes more curve. You have to hit a lot of shots much harder to keep the same amount of deflection and curve. Slower shots with english need to be struck on a different line more through the edge of the cueball, but still lining up to the edge of the ghostball. The extra quick curve in will keep the cueball from deflecting away.

You need to move the cueball using the rails with english because it is hard to get draw to stick with any distance. Inside english dominates on humid tables for this reason.

Try and aim to the exact same place on the ghostball using english that you would with no humidity. Your speeds will change dramatically, and the amount of cueball you go through, but your aim at the ghostball shouldn't, imo.

Because the speeds change a lot, your choice of the ways to play the shots should also change.

The Rafael Martinez power inside kill shot is deadly on humid tables, letting you kill the cueball with power instead of finesse from distance

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought it was just me. in the past week my game has gone to sh*t. the obvious was all the tables slowed down especially the one in my house covered with simonis. it also seems that i have been rattleing ball after ball on it that i am almost positive would drop before, not so much on bar boxes though. is it possible that the pockets play different as far as ratteling goes?

Cue Freak

Why the stupid man suit?
Silver Member
Try it down here in Florida :D some of the bar owners down here even keep their doors open!:eek:

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bowling Alley wax like Varny says to do (do a search), small hand towel, and talc used sparingly can get the job done.

With a little forethought, you can be the to let your opponent feel "stuck in the mud" with the heat and humidity.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ant812 said:
i thought it was just me. in the past week my game has gone to sh*t. the obvious was all the tables slowed down especially the one in my house covered with simonis. it also seems that i have been rattleing ball after ball on it that i am almost positive would drop before, not so much on bar boxes though. is it possible that the pockets play different as far as ratteling goes?

You have a table, at home, with Simonis? And you haven't invited me over yet :confused:

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gregg said:
You have a table, at home, with Simonis? And you haven't invited me over yet :confused:
sorry, never crossed my mind. your welcome anytime. i had a fallout with my captain right after the cities (pretty much right after i saw you at the bar) so it doesnt look like ill be playing on monday or teusday for the summer. so ill probably be playing at home on those night with a few people. your more than welcome to come over. i hope you like dogs, i have 2 labs, one of which is completely insane.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ant812 said:
Yes. The balls grab the rails and bounce at a sharper, shorter angle. You'll hang a lot more balls when it's wet. And there is a less advantage to slow rolling balls.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ant812 said:
sorry, never crossed my mind. your welcome anytime. i had a fallout with my captain right after the cities (pretty much right after i saw you at the bar) so it doesnt look like ill be playing on monday or teusday for the summer. so ill probably be playing at home on those night with a few people. your more than welcome to come over. i hope you like dogs, i have 2 labs, one of which is completely insane.

Very sorry to hear that. That blows, bro.

Your situation does not seem unique; I've heard lots of stories about disagreements both this year last.

I guess when you have the excitement of the city tournament, add in alcohol, stress, lack of sleep, things can unravel.

I heard a guy last year had a knot so large the day after a fist fight that he could hardly see out of one eye while shooting.

Anyway, it's a very short summer session, and hopefully you can jump on a team next session where you can have a lot of fun again. Or may you can reconcile with your old team.

Either way, I hope it works out for you.

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gregg said:
Very sorry to hear that. That blows, bro.

Your situation does not seem unique; I've heard lots of stories about disagreements both this year last.

I guess when you have the excitement of the city tournament, add in alcohol, stress, lack of sleep, things can unravel.

I heard a guy last year had a knot so large the day after a fist fight that he could hardly see out of one eye while shooting.

Anyway, it's a very short summer session, and hopefully you can jump on a team next session where you can have a lot of fun again. Or may you can reconcile with your old team.

Either way, I hope it works out for you.
had nothing to do with pool....just alcohol. apparently i was "drinking and carrying on" with the wrong person. el caputan had a meltdown. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ant812 said:
had nothing to do with pool....just alcohol. apparently i was "drinking and carrying on" with the wrong person. el caputan had a meltdown. :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you weren't drinking and carrying on all weekend from beginning to end, you really didn't have any business attending the cities, IMO.