Old "brands" - Pool League and Julio Stambolini

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my younger days there was Hueabler, McDermott and Meucci cues (80s).
Well, being 15 years old, putting money together for a cue was pretty tough
but I remember that I was saving for a while to buy me a cue and the
question was then : Pool League or Julio Stambolini (Think it was spelled like this).
This was my first cue ever (when friends still used local stuff) and I remember
the shaft had the joint pin.

Is there any one out there which could help me with some information on
these "brands" ? I guess they both where Chinese ?

Next cue was a Dufferin and then a real "expensive" D1 - McDermott.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

K
 
That line is listed in the Blue Book.

I needed a cue when I joined a Moose Leauge over 20 years ago. One of the better players, Jim, had one and tried to sell it to me. I didn't know much about cues and he wanted $250 which was way too much for me at the time. I remember it was a nice looking cue with green and yellow veneers. A few months later I came across a cue dealer and mentioned that cue. He laughed and said it is a good thing that I didn't buy it because he "gave" the cue to Jim and to see if he could get a few dollars for it because it had a warped butt. Never trusted Jim about anything after that.
 
Back
Top