Olhausen Out - Diamond Pro-Am In

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Congrats, Murray.

I also chose no logo for my 8 foot Pro Am and the Littman light. Looks great, plays great.

-dj

Attachments

• 20211216_120840_resized.jpg
    20211216_120840_resized.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 72

VVP

Registered
To each his own. I have an oversized 8 ft Louis XIV Olhausen and it's never going anywhere other than where it is right now 😁 I believe the Accu-Fast cushion makes it play more difficult than Diamonds because of the rattle. I play on Diamonds at the billiard hall so I am very comfortable with my conclusions.
I do believe the Diamonds can take more pounding because of the way the pockets are built and it looks like this was one of the considerations the OP made in going with Diamond. Good luck with your new table!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To each his own. I have an oversized 8 ft Louis XIV Olhausen and it's never going anywhere other than where it is right now 😁 I believe the Accu-Fast cushion makes it play more difficult than Diamonds because of the rattle. I play on Diamonds at the billiard hall so I am very comfortable with my conclusions.
I do believe the Diamonds can take more pounding because of the way the pockets are built and it looks like this was one of the considerations the OP made in going with Diamond. Good luck with your new table!
$15,000 for the Olhausen. Not in my lifetime.
I used to own an Olhausen way back before Katrina. It just never played like a GC and the buckets were quite large.

VVP

Registered
$15,000 for the Olhausen. Not in my lifetime.
I used to own an Olhausen way back before Katrina. It just never played like a GC and the buckets were quite large.
I have never played on a GC. Friends tell me that GC plays easier than Diamonds, but I need to find out for myself. I like how my table looks and plays. It's not much about the money.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never played on a GC. Friends tell me that GC plays easier than Diamonds, but I need to find out for myself. I like how my table looks and plays. It's not much about the money.
I'll agree that is the most important thing about a table

Reactions: VVP

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
As it concerns women, some men look to pretty and some look to the well-built. In this case Ms. Pro-Am was more than pretty enough and she was much better built than Ms. Olhausen. It was an easy choice for me.

Hey. There’s a thread on here where you can get a Brunswick sticker to put on your table cheap.