Omega DPK for sale

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
SOLD = = = SOLD = = = SOLD

I decided to make someone really happy and make this one available before SBE.

We all dream of finding a Bushka in a pawn shop, or a Szam at a garage sale right? Well, this is pretty close. A guy walked into the pool hall the other day and asked the owner if he wanted to buy some cues. Well, the owner also happens to be a cue maker, so he's not really into buying cues and he declined. But the man was rather persistant, and reluctantly the owner agreed to at least take a look. The man pulled out a couple of what turned out to be unfinished cue blanks made by Omega DPK!!! The man said that they had belonged to his father, who had recently passed, and they were left to him in his will. He knew exactly what they were but, but he was not a cue collector, nor a cue maker, so he wanted to sell them to someone who could appreciate these treasures that his father had valued so much.

To make this even better, the owner of that pool hall is Rick Geschrey, from Esoteric Cues just outside of Chicago, IL. Esoteric Cues is the home of master cue maker Ray Hernandez, who just happens to be the very last cue maker to work at Omega before they closed the shop for good. Rick, Ray, and myself have been working together for the last several years, making custom cues with the Omega engineering, techniques, and even the same 3/8x14 truncated pin and parabolic shaft taper passed on to Omega from Kersenbrock and Bender in their time with the shop. How ironic that a shop with an Omega connection would end up with these original Omega DPK blanks!

Add to this that Darrin Hill is a very good friend of the Esoteric shop and he offered to finish and wrap them for us in time for SBE, and you have now got yourself an outstanding original collectible Omega DPK cue finished with the highest level of quality. This was such a great story that I wanted to put one in the hands of one lucky collector before SBE so that they could brag to all of their friends. Ebony, ivory, and silver . . . mmmm, yummy! :)

Mr H

forearm.jpg

wholecue.jpg

jointandshafts.jpg

Last edited:

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That's a very interesting cue with a rather large consortium of cuemakers involved in its construction.

Nice look.

hillscues

American Craftsmanship
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I just wanted to weigh in to say what a delight is was for me to partner with Rick and Troy on this Omega Project. All of the blanks I inspected and have worked on ran perfectly straight between centers in my lathe which is a tribute to the workmanship that came out of the Omega Shop. They all had a seal coat on them and considering that these blanks are at least 15-16 years old I was impressed how they held the taper geometry perfectly over the years. These cues are what I consider a Lost Treasure and a real piece history in our cue world. Since Mr. Hoppe has placed the Ebay listing I have been overwhelmed with phone calls concerning these babies. While I don't mind talking to anyone who is interested in info, I would prefer that any questions be addressed to my email darrin@hillscues.com. If you want to talk, please leave me a cell number and the best time to recontact you. Thanks, Darrin

Last edited:

hillscues

American Craftsmanship
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
bump to the top . these old now finished original Omega DPK cues should not be takin lightly they are a vary rare find indeed.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
so, does Ray kmow who made the blank? Also, how much work was done to it? Lastly, why did this guys dad have unfinished blanks from Omega? Just curious. It's a very nice finished product!

I decided to make someone really happy and auction this one off before SBE. ---> Check it out here <---.

We all dream of finding a Bushka in a pawn shop, or a Szam at a garage sale right? Well, this is pretty close. A guy walked into the pool hall the other day and asked the owner if he wanted to buy some cues. Well, the owner also happens to be a cue maker, so he's not really into buying cues and he declined. But the man was rather persistant, and reluctantly the owner agreed to at least take a look. From in front of the counter, the man reached into a black velvet bag and gingerly pulled out a couple of what turned out to be unfinished cue blanks made by Omega DPK!!! The man said that they had belonged to his father, who had recently passed, and they were left to him in his will. He knew exactly what they were but, but he was not a cue collector, nor a cue maker, so he wanted to sell them to someone who could appreciate these treasures that his father had valued so much.

To make this even better, the owner of that pool hall is Rick Geschrey, from Esoteric Cues just outside of Chicago, IL. Esoteric Cues is the home of master cue maker Ray Hernandez, who just happens to be the very last cue maker to work at Omega before they closed the shop for good. Rick, Ray, and myself have been working together for the last several years, making custom cues with the Omega engineering, techniques, and even the same 3/8x14 truncated pin and parabolic shaft taper passed on to Omega from Kersenbrock and Bender in their time with the shop. How ironic that a shop with an Omega connection would end up with these original Omega DPK blanks!

Add to this that Darrin Hill is a very good friend of the Esoteric shop and he offered to finish and wrap them for us in time for SBE, and you have now got yourself an outstanding original collectible Omega DPK cue finished with the highest level of quality. This was such a great story that I wanted to put one in the hands of one lucky collector before SBE so that they could brag to all of their friends. Ebony, ivory, and silver . . . mmmm, yummy! :)

Enjoy the pics, and feel free to bid.
Mr H

[IMG]

[IMG]