On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna try it again this weekend.......

Friday night they are having a 9 ball tourny in Colby Wi followed by the 3 man team event on sat. 9 ball will probably last until 2:00AM so it's important to get to sleep as soon as possible. Team event starts at 10:00AM.

Can't drive home friday, too far, about 1 hour.

My friend Mike is going to stay in the motorhome also. I checked the weather and it's supposed to be around 28*.

I'm getting a new battery for the motor. It wouldn't start it today.

Should be OK.

This is kind of a special deal. With all these handicap tournys where you can only have one master on a team my son and I don't get to play much together. Kind of sad but true.

This one you can build a team up all you want.

There is a MOMA touny up in Duluth Mn this weekend

He's just going to play in the team event.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

That's what it's all about. let the good times roll............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back to work getting in shape.........

trying to play each weekend and doing 2 or 3 lessons during the week is just too much.

The lessons are fine but when I go to these tournys it's hard to eat right and you just get wore out. My playing and focus have really declined in the last 3 weeks. I need to work out everyday.

Back to the drawing board with my workouts. I need to treat the YMCA like it is my job. if i don't it will take forever to get in the shape I need to be in to play and teach.

On the way home last night I was checking my phone messages and one was a young lady from Brooklyn, Ny.. She had purchased the video and called me leaving a voicemail so i returned it right away.

The more I talked to her the more excited I got about teaching her the secrets that the eyes hold as far as envisioning a pool shot. . She is very dedicated to learning the game doing regular lessons on a local level. And with a very good instructor.

She also has a Gold Crown 9 footer in her home.

Turns out she is right handed, left eye dominant. She was pretty sure when we started that she was right eye dominant but it didn't take long to help her see the real dominant eye, the left eye.

We did the phone lesson even though the DVD had not arrived Soon she learned why you needed to know which eye was dominant for sure. it's impossible to manually correct your aiming without knowing.

I told her to work at what she learned and keep in touch on facebook.

She doesn't know it yet but her game is going to take a huge leap in the next week to a month. I wish I was there to see it first hand.

Perfect Aim works for everyone and she will really get some benefit from what was learned.

What a fun way to end my day.

Helping a player on the other side of the USA improve their game.

Good Luck there young lady. I'm excited for you................and your pool game...

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Geno, Hang in there and get your rest. When I saw you at WSPA you looked great and as always your enthusiasm for the game was relentless. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon, I took a lesson from Scott Lee and really learned a lot about my stroke mechanics, I really think I could now benefit even more from your teachings. Some of what you showed me previously makes a lot more sense mechanically now that I know what the hell a stroke should be like. I really recommend people have their stroke mechanics down if hey want maximum improvement from Perfect Aim. Any non believers out there need a lesson, no doubt on my mind if they have half a brain they will learn something well worth the cost of a lesson. Thanks again Geno, when you are back in Madison I have a friend who I think would really benefit from a lesson.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been working hard............

The YMCA still everyday when I'm not playing pool.

Had 2 rough weekends and played kind of not up to par.

Been icing every night.

Just got to wait until it heals enough.

I'm pretty stubborn though. Went to the cities Monday to look at a house. I'm trying to buy one and set up the crown and cameras to make a bunch of downloads. I went to Shooters in Burnsville for their Monday night race to 5 9 ball tourny.

Focused real hard and won the hot seat. waited a long time to play the final only to have my friend Arturo, hope I spelled it right, only to have him just give me the 1st place. i was kind of disappointed because I wanted to play being pretty tired. It was about 1:00 AM in the morning.

Went back up tp check out another house and went to Shooters Wed nite Handicap tourny. This is real tough to win. Example is. I have to give an A player the 6, 7, 8, the break and one game on the wire in a race to 5. This is one of the toughest handicap tournys in the country. Most of the Master and above players don't even try to play in this thing.

I lost a match to kyle. I think it was my 3rd match. he shot good. Had to play a whole bunch of matches. The handicap turns all these players into monsters. Need to play allot of safes and only try to run out if it really looks like you can. otherwise just move the balls around and play safes.

I ended up winning the thing. Kyle left early and just took 2nd and went home. he had to work at 6:30 AM. It was smart for him because the tourny lasted until about 3:00AM.

So tomorrow I'm going to play in a little tougher one at the Hog Pen in Baldwin Wi. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. Still got a bunch of pain in the knee and keeps waking me up about every hour. The sitting still while I sleep makes it stiffen up. When I move a little in my sleep it really hurts waking me up. After I move it around a little it feels better but there went the good sleep. Sometimes I can fall right back to sleep and sometimes not.

Been doing about 4 to 5 Perfect Aim lessons each week also. They just keep coming from all over. Buying the house in the Twin Cities makes so much sense. Doing the videos and having a home base.

I'm going to set up a date for the owner of the Hog Pen. He's been having these great tournaments and promoting pool so much. I'm going to set up a night and do a free Perfect Aim seminar for any and all of his local players.

I'll let him advertise it for a couple of weeks first.

The fun part though is seeing if I can snap off this tourny.

I slacked off the ice and didn't quite take care of it the way I should but now I'm back all the way. Need to get this darn thing working well.

Got to go. Need to get some sleep.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend playing pool somewhere and Good Luck...

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ready to go.............

Knee feels pretty good. I'm buying a dolly tomorrow and hauling my little white car with the Motorhome up to the Twin Cities.

need to find a RV park.

I'm going top play everyone i can. The legs can take allot.

Also there is a small tourny every night of the week.

Had the flu for 10 days and it finally let up so i'm at shooters in Burnsville tonight.

I'll also be looking to purchase a Townhouse in about the 170,000 range. this will be home base . That's another reason to be up here playing. I can look at a bunch of homes/

The main goal here is to see if I can get this old body snapped back into pool shape and beat some players in the big tourny in beloit Wi, The carom Room.

I'm second on the waiting list for the $2,000 entry tourny. Hopefully someone will cancel.

I signed up for the $200 entry the same weekend, 23rd, 24th and 25th. You can only play in one of them.

I will also be doing lessons but the majority of my time this next 30 to 40 days will be spent playing action and tournaments to get ready.

If the body can take it i will be ready as I ever have been.

isn't this pool game great. Playing again and loving it.

And with 2 solid legs to stand on.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
wrong kneck of the wood... Keep heading East and South... Memphis/LittleRock leagues have enough players to let you quit travelling. And St Louis is right up the road....

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Hi Gene,

Glad to hear the update.

My Wife just had a knee replacement & is doing well.

I had a very slight set back with the eyes & the manual method when I thought I had it in the subconscious mode but it was not locked in there yet & had to go back to manual.

I'm noting that it seems more than one would think have similar issues. They should get your Perfect Aim & give you that phone call.

Your a great guy & thanks again for the help.

All the Best 2 You & Good Luck with 'The Comeback.'
Rick

Glad to hear you're getting into playing shape.

You're great guy.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Keep it up Gene.

Maybe our paths will cross again..

I would love to make it up to The Carom Room. Those tournaments seem over the moon.

JoeyA

Knee feels pretty good. I'm buying a dolly tomorrow and hauling my little white car with the Motorhome up to the Twin Cities.

need to find a RV park.

I'm going top play everyone i can. The legs can take allot.

Also there is a small tourny every night of the week.

Had the flu for 10 days and it finally let up so i'm at shooters in Burnsville tonight.

I'll also be looking to purchase a Townhouse in about the 170,000 range. this will be home base . That's another reason to be up here playing. I can look at a bunch of homes/

The main goal here is to see if I can get this old body snapped back into pool shape and beat some players in the big tourny in beloit Wi, The carom Room.

I'm second on the waiting list for the $2,000 entry tourny. Hopefully someone will cancel.

I signed up for the $200 entry the same weekend, 23rd, 24th and 25th. You can only play in one of them.

I will also be doing lessons but the majority of my time this next 30 to 40 days will be spent playing action and tournaments to get ready.

If the body can take it i will be ready as I ever have been.

isn't this pool game great. Playing again and loving it.

And with 2 solid legs to stand on.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are JoeyA

Keep it up Gene.

Maybe our paths will cross again..

I would love to make it up to The Carom Room. Those tournaments seem over the moon.

JoeyA

I'm doing everything I can to get snapped back into playing form. The latest is stingers going to my pointer finger ad thumb. See the neck surgeon today to see if he can fix the problem. Stenosis ad herniated discs.

But I can play allot. Something I could't do for about a decade of so. I'm liking the results I'm seeing.

Beloit is great. Dave Coles and company do a great job up here in Wis.

I'm sure I'll see you in the near future somewhere.

Until then, Shoot straight my friend...........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still quietly getting ready for the storm........

I'm doing everything I can to get snapped back into playing form. The latest is stingers going to my pointer finger ad thumb. See the neck surgeon today to see if he can fix the problem. Stenosis ad herniated discs.

But I can play allot. Something I could't do for about a decade of so. I'm liking the results I'm seeing.

Beloit is great. Dave Coles and company do a great job up here in Wis.

I'm sure I'll see you in the near future somewhere.

Until then, Shoot straight my friend...........

I was going to buy a house in Minneapolis but will have to wait. Need all the time I can to get ready physically and mentally to play well again. Plus my brother that was going to do this with me is stuck in his lease now until the end of May.

So for right now I'm dedicating all my time to health and pool.

I also need to be ready physically and mentally to do lessons at a higher level. I'm back there for sure. I did 6 lessons last week. 3 were in one day. Every one of them a winner.

I head to the twin cities about every other day and play in the weekly tournys there. I've been winning most of them I play in. Need to get used to winning again. these tournys are the best for that. All players everywhere that want to get better should get out there and support these smaller venues. You might have to go to work a little tired the next morning but what this will do for your tournament game is astounding. The only time you can practice being in a final match is when your in one. regardless if it's a small one or a big one.

Still have allot of aches and pains from all the surgeries but I'm not taking any pain meds except for over the counter stuff.

I wish i could get someone to come to Eau Claire to play or even up in the cities. i made some calls but got no takers. I will play $100 or $200 sets all day long until I physically can't. my endurance is up pretty good right now.

For right now though I am living in my motorhome. Pretty big class A and not roughing it by a long shot. pretty comfortable and quiet.

I'm staying away from the internet and TV as much as I can and I can really tell the difference mentally for sure. Not so much garbage going into the brain I guess.

It's been 5 months since the knee replacement and the pain is still enough where I would not want to be on the road right now. The Dr says it might take 6 months to a year.

Thanks everyone for all the support through this toughest time of my life starting out with my mothers passing about a 15 months ago.

I still have allot of players out there to help and I will.

Thanks again....................

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I was going to buy a house in Minneapolis but will have to wait. Need all the time I can to get ready physically and mentally to play well again. Plus my brother that was going to do this with me is stuck in his lease now until the end of May.

So for right now I'm dedicating all my time to health and pool.

I also need to be ready physically and mentally to do lessons at a higher level. I'm back there for sure. I did 6 lessons last week. 3 were in one day. Every one of them a winner.

I head to the twin cities about every other day and play in the weekly tournys there. I've been winning most of them I play in. Need to get used to winning again. these tournys are the best for that. All players everywhere that want to get better should get out there and support these smaller venues. You might have to go to work a little tired the next morning but what this will do for your tournament game is astounding. The only time you can practice being in a final match is when your in one. regardless if it's a small one or a big one.

Still have allot of aches and pains from all the surgeries but I'm not taking any pain meds except for over the counter stuff.

I wish i could get someone to come to Eau Claire to play or even up in the cities. i made some calls but got no takers. I will play $100 or $200 sets all day long until I physically can't. my endurance is up pretty good right now.

For right now though I am living in my motorhome. Pretty big class A and not roughing it by a long shot. pretty comfortable and quiet.

I'm staying away from the internet and TV as much as I can and I can really tell the difference mentally for sure. Not so much garbage going into the brain I guess.

It's been 5 months since the knee replacement and the pain is still enough where I would not want to be on the road right now. The Dr says it might take 6 months to a year.

Thanks everyone for all the support through this toughest time of my life starting out with my mothers passing about a 15 months ago.

I still have allot of players out there to help and I will.

Thanks again....................

Hi Gene,

You'll be in my prayers tonight & whenever I remember.

Best 2 You,
Rick

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hey Geno glad to hear you weathered the snow and ice... Let me know how you are on Ki-Techs and I'll send you a care package out if you are low.... Hope to catch you at a few events before too long......

Chris

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These tips are the real deal.....

Hey Geno glad to hear you weathered the snow and ice... Let me know how you are on Ki-Techs and I'll send you a care package out if you are low.... Hope to catch you at a few events before too long......

Chris

Anyone that doesn't give them a try are losing out. I've had the same one on for 6 months now and it plays great.
I put one on my break cue and it never even squashed out. But it has to be installed correctly as Kitech recommends.

Thanks you Chris for making this product available.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm Ready.........

I'm in Beloit. I'm the 1st player on the waiting list for the $2,000 tourny.

If I don't get a CHANCE TO PLAY i'M IN THE $200.

I hope Larry N is still down there. I'll play some sets with him. Be good for both of us.

Had steroid shots in my neck yesterday. They told me I'd be sore but actually it feels better. I can actually turn my head to the right.

I've done everything I can to get ready for this. The leg is strong and the stroke is straight. I've been kind of quiet on the internet because I've been spending every waking moment for the last month getting ready to play and teach again.

Anyone at the tourny that's as old as me gets all the action they want.

I'm going to see if I can get some bigger sets after the tourny. Hank told me there will be 30 players there that will play me. I want to see that.

If so I want to start with number 30 on the list.

This is going to be a great tournament. Both tournaments.

Been doing lessons right along also. Got 4 players waiting until next week.

Good Luck everyone. With the caliber of players here we will all need it.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Gettem Gene!

JoeyA

I'm in Beloit. I'm the 1st player on the waiting list for the $2,000 tourny.

If I don't get a CHANCE TO PLAY i'M IN THE $200.

I hope Larry N is still down there. I'll play some sets with him. Be good for both of us.

Had steroid shots in my neck yesterday. They told me I'd be sore but actually it feels better. I can actually turn my head to the right.

I've done everything I can to get ready for this. The leg is strong and the stroke is straight. I've been kind of quiet on the internet because I've been spending every waking moment for the last month getting ready to play and teach again.

Anyone at the tourny that's as old as me gets all the action they want.

I'm going to see if I can get some bigger sets after the tourny. Hank told me there will be 30 players there that will play me. I want to see that.

If so I want to start with number 30 on the list.

This is going to be a great tournament. Both tournaments.

Been doing lessons right along also. Got 4 players waiting until next week.

Good Luck everyone. With the caliber of players here we will all need it.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to play someone that could play and Tom was there.....

I needed to play someone for some money and not just 10 or 20 dollar sets. I needed to play for enough so it hurt a little to lose.

We played races to 7 for 200 10 ball.

Tom played really well the first 2 sets and I played like i thought I would. Kind of bad.

The third set I had a chance to win but being the great player that tom is he put me away with a table run and then a great safe.

Now stuck $600 is where it really counts. Do i play another set and just donate or do I bear done and see if I can get it done.

I got ahead 6-5 and was playing better. I broke the balls better than ever only to have the 3 ball kick the cue ball in the side. Tom ran out.

Now being hill hill I need to get it done. this is why I'm doing this tonight is to get ready mentally for this great tournament.

I got my chance and ran the balls out. Made a couple of tough shots. This was what it's all about. I'm $600 stuck and if i lose this last set I lose $800. Can I get it done when it's all on the line.

This is what wins tournaments.

I'm going to get some sleep and hopefully Tom and myself can play some more. It will do us both some good plus i got $400 to win back.

I'm ready for tomorrow. Got used to the faster tables. Was it enough. We'll find out when crunch time pops up........

No shot at getting in the $2000. Looks like they all showed up.

What a great weekend. It don't get any better than this for sure.

And my old friend Ray Hansen ( Big Truck ) hard at it making this great event available for everyone at home.

See ya all tomorrow..............

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a call that I can get in the $2000

The 21st I had a procedure done where they injected about 10 steroid shots in my neck and upper back muscles. They told me that it wouldn't effect my playing. I was going to reschedule but they said it shouldn't be a problem for me. The key word was SHOULDN'T.

I tried playing the next day and it was pretty tough. Didn't play very good.

When I got to the Carom Room Wed night I was having trouble playing. No pain, just things seemed strange.

I started playing pretty good against Tom last night but before that i was thinking about withdrawing from the whole thing.

Not a hard decision to turn down the $2000 invite. I even have someone to put me in but if i wouldn't do it with my money I won't do it with theirs even though it would be fun. Fun don't get it for the cash.

Getting ready to go to the Carom Room and play some more sets with Tom M.

Gonna have some fun..and play some pool..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Started playing good again just in time..........

My first match at the Carom Room was Tyler Styer. I gave him a Perfect Aim lesson about 3 years ago plus since then he went to see Stan Shuffet to learn Pro one. And I'm going to tell you it really shows,

the knowledge this young guy has at such an early age. Before we played i didn't know that he had won the last 2 open events at the Carom Room.

I started out 3- 0 and felt pretty good about how the match was going and then Styler went to work. Soon it was 4-3 styler and there was nothing I could do about it. He just played lights out.

Eventually the score was 7-6 Styler and he broke dry. I knew I had to get it done right then or this kid would put me in a little box and sent me home. He almost looked unbeatable.

He broke and scratched and now was my chance. I had to run out and did. I moved over to the side rail and hit the next break as square as I could and ran out again. The next rack the same. Now I had the lead at 9-7. This puts a little heat on Tyler but he still played well. I won 11-9 beating a young guy that is going to be a superstar in this sport for sure. Very thankful to get past this one. All the hard work I've done for the last month paid off right there. Bedtime. Got to play at 10:00 AM.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard work paid off again.........

Well, got by the next one. I was down 10 - 8.

Nerves got the best of my opponent for sure. Had a chance to put it away and missed a shot. Then on the hill hill game he could have put it away but miss cued. I had to cut the 6 ball on the foot rail and had to go up to the other end of the table. Hit the 10 ball leaving a tough shot on the 7 ball.

Made the shot but hit the 10 ball only to have me almost hooked.

Could see only about 1/8 of a ball/ Hit it thin, going to the head rail and back about 3 feet to hook him behind the 10 ball.

His kick was close but left me a shot.

Got it done on the hill. I feel very fortunate to win this one. Needed a little help from my opponent. Nerves got the best of him and mine held up when I needed them all. On the hill..............Great up and coming player. Adam B, Plays good. He's not done yet. He'll go deep on the losers side. For now back at the room getting some rest. Play at 6:00 and didn't look to see who I play. I'll be ready.............