On tilt club-

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Well I’ve finally done it. I can officially say I’m part of the club now. I haven’t gone off so bad in 30 years. Well haven’t played in 18 until about starting back a month ago. If I was to use a scale. Used to be over 600 Fargo, after coming back, up to at least 500 and a bit more knowledgeable. Let’s just say a 500+ with good table sense.

Today I’m that guy who couldn’t even get on an APA team. Most embarrassing day I’ve ever had at a hall. Man did I ever go off. I was nervous. First tourney in forever. Still trying to find my best stroke. Hung at least a bakers dozen. I somehow even hung a 1 foot straight to the side off the nipples. Is that even possible?! I almost ran outta there. Just wanted to let everyone know. Everybody goes off sometime or another. But as a seasoned player. This is good. I’ll use it to my advantage. There are going to be guys tripping over each other to play me next time I set foot in that hall! And it won’t happen again….I hope

So who else is in the club? Let’s hear your story.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I do not do clubs, Or Groups like American Legion, Marine Corps League, DAV.

Fargo is a place in North Dakota across the road from Moorehead, Minnesota.🤬
Ah. Whatever man. That’s not right. Fargo is that movie with the guy that was in that biker movie with that guy who was Jonathan Taylor Thomas’s dad in that one show and that one guy from Saturday Night Fever.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I’ve finally done it. I can officially say I’m part of the club now. I haven’t gone off so bad in 30 years. Well haven’t played in 18 until about starting back a month ago. If I was to use a scale. Used to be over 600 Fargo, after coming back, up to at least 500 and a bit more knowledgeable. Let’s just say a 500+ with good table sense.

Today I’m that guy who couldn’t even get on an APA team. Most embarrassing day I’ve ever had at a hall. Man did I ever go off. I was nervous. First tourney in forever. Still trying to find my best stroke. Hung at least a bakers dozen. I somehow even hung a 1 foot straight to the side off the nipples. Is that even possible?! I almost ran outta there. Just wanted to let everyone know. Everybody goes off sometime or another. But as a seasoned player. This is good. I’ll use it to my advantage. There are going to be guys tripping over each other to play me next time I set foot in that hall! And it won’t happen again….I hope

That’s not tilt, I’m headed to Archers new pool room , I’ll be there Tuesday and we are gonna see full tilt !!!! Betting $

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member

Well if it makes you feel any better, last night I only went hill hill and lost to a 732 and then got handed by a 767...

Jaden

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Haha. A little. But doesn’t sound like you had 2 matches with guys who you could beat at 14yrs old giving you games. I had to sit through that.
Not saying they were bad or that I saw their real speed but maybe I was looking for someone to get me locked in. They sure weren’t doing it. No break and runs.
The only break and run I had was my first rack when I walked in. All downhill after that.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Well if it makes you feel any better, last night I only went hill hill and lost to a 732 and then got handed by a 767...

Jaden
Btw. Two in a row is hard no matter who you lose to.) can only do it so many times. That’s probably why some players stick to one pocket. By the time you lose the 2nd race you already forgot about the first one. 😆

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Btw. Two in a row is hard no matter who you lose to.) can only do it so many times. That’s probably why some players stick to one pocket. By the time you lose the 2nd race you already forgot about the first one. 😆
Yeah, my draw was sick... the 732 in the winner's and the 767 in the loser's. I'm back to practicing and on point in practice, but nerves got me in the first match and then some bad rolls and perfect play by my opponent in the second...

Jaden

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Yeah, my draw was sick... the 732 in the winner's and the 767 in the loser's. I'm back to practicing and on point in practice, but nerves got me in the first match and then some bad rolls and perfect play by my opponent in the second...

Jaden
Ahh. Good luck on the next one. Gotta move forward. It’s all you can do. I’m out practicing as well. Trying out some glasses too!

I don’t give 2 shits if the next guy I play is pushing 800. His ass is going to be sitting through some racks. You probably feel the same.

What got me. My first match was on a Diamond. Believe it or not I have never played on a Diamond before not even a bar box until today. Pro cut 9’. Playing field actually looks smaller to me than a GC. I had a good couple shots to start then I overthought it. The table just ended up overwhelming me. It beat me down good, and I learned real fast today. You can cheat Diamond pockets just not the same as a GC. Totally different animals! When I started double clutching and second guessing I was done for. The guy who beat me 7-3 didn’t make over a 4 ball run. It was ridiculous.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Ahh. Good luck on the next one. Gotta move forward. It’s all you can do. I’m out practicing as well. Trying out some glasses too!

I don’t give 2 shits if the next guy I play is pushing 800. His ass is going to be sitting through some racks. You probably feel the same.

What got me. My first match was on a Diamond. Believe it or not I have never played on a Diamond before not even a bar box until today. Pro cut 9’. Playing field actually looks smaller to me than a GC. I had a good couple shots to start then I overthought it. The table just ended up overwhelming me. It beat me down good, and I learned real fast today. You can cheat Diamond pockets just not the same as a GC. Totally different animals! When I started double clutching and second guessing I was done for. The guy who beat me 7-3 didn’t make over a 4 ball run. It was ridiculous.
Yeah for a lot of shots on diamonds the key is to aim for the outside facing rather than the center pocket...

Jaden

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Thanks! And more than anything it was probably the nerves you mentioned. If your not committed to a shot it’s hard to make a shot. No matter what table you are playing.

When you feel like the table is your own personal amusement park don’t forget the safe. You can ride the rides anytime you want, but the less people you let enjoy the park the less they break down.🤔

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Champions aren't great because these days don't happen to them. They're great because of how they react to them. Meltdowns and losses are part of the journey. They are incredibly motivating and do a good job showing the weak links in your game that need work.

One of the most common reasons players stop getting better is they start getting so scared to lose they don't put themselves in these situations. I collect losses. If there are 19 losses for every big win then I don't sit home trying to guess whether this particular tournament will be my win. I sign up and plug away and focus on collect my 19 losses, then when the day comes I win something I feel like my opponents didn't do their job and beat me like they're supposed to.

I have a challenge to my students. I'll sometimes ask them when their last humiliating loss was. If they can't think of anything recent I tell them that's the problem. Show me someone who can answer that with a string of brutal defeats and I'll show you who I'm betting on to have a great 2022...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t played 5 hours in the last 5 years.

Yesterday with a house cue I hit a few balls on a GC6. Maybe 20 balls I pocketed, could be less.

It’s clear I haven’t played. It felt like I never played. Towards the end I hit 2 balls pretty good, they sounded and felt right. I’d need 60 days of deliberate practice to get back to 80% at best. This might be as far out of stroke I’ve ever been.

Sadly that’s my story
Fatboy😟

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I haven’t played 5 hours in the last 5 years.

Yesterday with a house cue I hit a few balls on a GC6. Maybe 20 balls I pocketed, could be less.

It’s clear I haven’t played. It felt like I never played. Towards the end I hit 2 balls pretty good, they sounded and felt right. I’d need 60 days of deliberate practice to get back to 80% at best. This might be as far out of stroke I’ve ever been.

Sadly that’s my story
Fatboy😟
I feel you Fatboy. I take it you don’t have a table at your home anymore. You posted about your Vegas table a few days ago. On a better note here. It might not take as long as you think to get that speed back. Check your stroke/stance. You might have a minor flaw in it. I’m 18yrs off, and checked mine thoroughly last night. Turns out after so long off the actual stroke is fine. The problem is all in my head!

Using what I thought is my natural stance, turns out my line of sight is incorrect. I need to pick my head up slightly from what feels natural and lean back a little. Started out looking like a spider monkey hugging the table to get low and worked my way into a more comfortable stance from there. Let’s just say I gained more speed last night in a couple hours then in this whole past month. And all cause I had to get my head straight! 😂 they say a lot of the game is mental. Now I feel like I can’t miss!

Last edited: