one pocket question

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What if two balls are moved? Where i play if you move 2(or more) balls its a foul. opponent still has option to put them back just as in moving one. anyone else play this way? curious.
i play that way too garczar
again here are the one pocket .org rules pertaining to that
6.1 Cue ball fouls only: When a referee is not presiding over the match, One Pocket may be played whereby disturbing a single object ball is not a foul, as long as there is no effect on the shot. For clarification, it is always a foul to disturb the cue ball, and it is also a foul if a disturbed ball has any effect on the shot; meaning if the disturbed ball has contact with any ball in motion, or if any ball passes through where the disturbed ball originated. It is always a foul when two or more balls are disturbed. When multiple (3 or more) balls are disturbed it is considered a serious foul. ref: 6.6.2 Serious fouls

6.6.2 Serious fouls:
If the ruling is that a serious foul has occurred, in addition to the standard foul the official may further penalize a player at their discretion. If there is no official available, players will need to come to agreement themselves as to the level of penalty to assess the shooter. If it is possible to restore the balls, then the foul may be penalized (a) as a standard foul, with opponent’s option of restoration.

The following penalty levels progress from (a) through (c) depending on the seriousness of the offense, and whether the shooter has been issued a prior warning. A prior warning warrants an escalation of penalty. In this context a “prior warning” may mean a prior offense, a pre-tournament announcement or a player agreement prior to a match.

(a) Assess a standard foul penalty, and a warning to the shooter.
(b) Assess a standard foul penalty, and opponent receives the option of ball in hand.
(c) Loss of game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6.1 Cue ball fouls only: When a referee is not presiding over the match, One Pocket may be played whereby disturbing a single object ball is not a foul, as long as there is no effect on the shot. For clarification, it is always a foul to disturb the cue ball, and it is also a foul if a disturbed ball has any effect on the shot; meaning if the disturbed ball has contact with any ball in motion, or if any ball passes through where the disturbed ball originated. It is always a foul when two or more balls are disturbed. When multiple (3 or more) balls are disturbed it is considered a serious foul. ref: 6.6.2 Serious fouls

6.6.2 Serious fouls:
If the ruling is that a serious foul has occurred, in addition to the standard foul the official may further penalize a player at their discretion. If there is no official available, players will need to come to agreement themselves as to the level of penalty to assess the shooter. If it is possible to restore the balls, then the foul may be penalized (a) as a standard foul, with opponent’s option of restoration.

The following penalty levels progress from (a) through (c) depending on the seriousness of the offense, and whether the shooter has been issued a prior warning. A prior warning warrants an escalation of penalty. In this context a “prior warning” may mean a prior offense, a pre-tournament announcement or a player agreement prior to a match.

(b) Assess a standard foul penalty, and opponent receives the option of ball in hand.
(c) Loss of game.
cool. thanx.

Reactions: bbb

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

6.6.2 Serious fouls:

(c) Loss of game.
"a foul if a disturbed ball has any effect on the shot".... so if your opponent left you in a really hard position you can just move the ball how you like why you shoot and get out of it and then they can move it back after you shoot. Foul. Genius. If it is while you are shooting it should be a foul.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"a foul if a disturbed ball has any effect on the shot".... so if your opponent left you in a really hard position you can just move the ball how you like why you shoot and get out of it and then they can move it back after you shoot. Foul. Genius. If it is while you are shooting it should be a foul.
No Genius that is not the way the rule reads. Justnum could explain it in detail at the Acedemy.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
whats wrong here. if he moves a ball and then moves it back you are going to call a foul on him because he didnt notify you before he touched it. good luck with that.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
whats wrong here. if he moves a ball and then moves it back you are going to call a foul on him because he didnt notify you before he touched it. good luck with that.
I lost a tournament match on that rule
i was jacked over a ball and the cue ball was close to the ball i had to hit
my opponent called the TD to watch the hit
in my warm up strokes i moved the ball i was jacked up over and instinctively put it back
my opponent immediately said “thats a foul”
TD agreed
he got ball in hand and ran out to win the set
i know TD involved

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday my opponent shot a ball into his pocket and moved the 7 ball a little with his bridge hand and he asked me what should he do.
I told him to move it back and he couldn't shoot it next.
Was I correct?
My pool room played that way too. I don't know where it came from...could be an old school rule.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it’s a foul. They never put it back where’s it’s supposed to be. Why should there be a possible advantage for the player moving a ball?

Why have any rules if you don’t follow them?