One pocket question?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is. It's just not call ball. Usually the pocket is called only once per rack but that seems to be enough. And sometimes it's implied.
oh please, gimme a break here. you must be real fun at parties. take off your pocket protector before going?? ;)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Should it say Call your ball? Not pocket. Nothing has to be called. But let’s stay obvious

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I feel a huge part of the game is playing low percentage shots as long as they are safe or free. A few stragglers are bound to leak in given enough time and shots. The funny thing is sometimes its better to not make the ball and leave it hanging
Absolutely. And a part of that is knowing the speed and angle to hit the kiss/herd/bank/carom shots both to get as much useful movement as possible and to get a safe.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
And a part of that is knowing the speed and angle to hit the kiss/herd/bank/carom shots both to get as much useful movement as possible and to get a safe.
Once you get onto this in 1P you can really get the 9B players cussing "luck" and "rolls."

I don't have the heart to tell them that there's a reason they never have a shot, and another slop shot dribbled in (yay for way shots). Better yet if you can carom/combo off an OB or two and make the 9B. It's real funny to see some reactions. Never let on like it was intentional, it will drive them crazy! :ROFLMAO:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel a huge part of the game is playing low percentage shots as long as they are safe or free. A few stragglers are bound to leak in given enough time and shots. The funny thing is sometimes its better to not make the ball and leave it hanging
If you hang the 9 in 1P, it might work out well. In 9 ball its almost an automatic loss.