One pocket scenario, how would you play it?

you are refering to using draw to throw the ball on the spot into the corner pocket right? i dont know why i figured the opponent would squeeze and play the safer way to put the balls on his side . not to steal the thread but how do you like to play the 2 balls on the spot shot?
 
bbb said:
you are refering to using draw to throw the ball on the spot into the corner pocket right? i dont know why i figured the opponent would squeeze and play the safer way to put the balls on his side . not to steal the thread but how do you like to play the 2 balls on the spot shot?
The front ball goes straight in by the 10-times-fuller system which is what you are describing above. The back ball can throw enough on the shot to go in on two end cushions. Which one comes closest depends on the equipment. My goal with the cue ball on the shot is to freeze it on the head cushion.
 
Bob Jewett said:
Sometimes it will drop both balls. Some consider it a bad shot if you only need one ball as it can get both balls into play.
Correct. I would only play this shot if I'm the one needing the two balls. If I just need one I will play off the first ball and move it toward my side and try to take the back ball so that after it comes off it will fall between the cue ball and the front ball. This will force him to play off the back ball only leaving the front ball in play on my side. This takes some skill to execute but very effective, especially if you are able to get the cue ball to the rail to take the bottom half of the ball away. I wish I knew how to use the pool table diagram so that I could visually show it. Maybe some will understand it and show it on the diagram.
 
Back
Top