One pocket WWYD - After Break

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Where is this at ? I’m on my way!
Center pocket in Bowie MD. If you ever come to the middle east let me know, I’ll fund your travels a little bit 😎.

I did go with the 3/4 railer but messed it up the first try. Luckily I was playing pocket pool with myself and got a re-do. That’s still the shot I’d take but I was curious what others would see. 1P is the best

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie Allen was the past master of kicking his way out of breaks like this. I saw him do it a hundred times. It's actually a very big target to aim at between the 12 and 13 ball. Then there is the speed control required to leave the cue ball somewhere between the first diamond on the long rail and the first diamond on the short rail. You have a lot of room here to make a successful counter shot to this break.

This shot is merely a matter of spending a little time practicing your three rail kick shots. Every good One Pocket player has this shot in their arsenal! If you can't do it succcessfully 80-90% of the time then you need to practice kicking three rails from all along the side rail until you can see the proper angle point to aim at. It's really not that hard a shot once you have confidence in your ability to do it. It just looks hard and maybe a little scary to shoot a shot like this. It's a very cool shot when you can do it successfully, and can win the game for you from a bad starting position.

I'd like to bet I can get up there cold and hit it good on the first or second try, with no practice whatsoever.

P.S. I just set this up and made a good return shot two out of three times, and I haven't hit a ball in weeks. I hit the 13 ball the first time and then hit it good twice. Once I see the angle I think I can hit the sweet spot nine out of ten times. You have to go deep into the far corner to execute this shot. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would call this about four or five in difficulty.
And it is pretty well known by 3c players that you can go 3rails around the table to the opposite pocket from anywhere on the side rail, up to the 3rd diamond.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Here you go. Clears his pocket blocks bank paths and gets you on the offensive. I hit it a little harder than needed cause it was my 2nd try not warmed up. Hard to drag it with cb by the rail, but it is possible.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here you go. Clears his pocket blocks bank paths and gets you on the offensive. I hit it a little harder than needed cause it was my 2nd try not warmed up. Hard to drag it with cb by the rail, but it is possible.
You just made a ball for your opponent and left the cue ball far above the thirteen ball that was on the rail. Your opponent wins this game!

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
You're supposed to congratulate him and
ask politely if you can get next game.
No I put right there I hit it too hard. I’m not gonna spend all night making a video. I just took the video and went with it. I didn’t even take any warm-up swings. I try a few more times after and if you hit slower it goes too. The cb would’ve hit the stack anyway and maybe the guy would’ve had a cut on the 12. Maybe. And Yeah I made his ball for him. Wanted to let him think that He was winning for a minute.

*edit* But it would’ve been a perfect break had the cue ball hid behind the 2. All that side’s kicks are already blocked and my shot blocks banking lanes on that side and I can get over and bank away on those at my pocket……I’m already five shots ahead of the duck. Executing it though. Takes skill that I don’t have!!!!!!

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This what ❓. What if ❓

IMHO is not way to learn anything, after reading theory, watching dvds, and utubes.

The only sure fire way is actually getting off butt, and playing.

Better the opponent is the more you can pick up if you pay attention.

I use too loose all the time bad, now because I pay attention. I win more then loose.

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
💡💡Bank the 14 ball as hard as possible into the 4- ball☝🏾, playing a quadruple combination for the deuce in the corner 😎. With some draw on the cue ball back behind the stack 💪🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾👀👀