open 9 ball at Sweet Tooth Billiards

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
hdcp -2. see all of you there!!!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
1/2 of pizza for all tournament players tonight... if you have not had pizza from STB... you are missing out.

-Carlos

What's the difference between a pool player and a pizza pie?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
A pizza pie can feed a family of 4! :p

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think I do more to support local pool than you Jerry, like local YOUTH POOL. Now maybe Jason will reply with what the add per player is as they may draw some player to the OPEN, and I don't play Opens in Arizona, as all I would be doing is giving GREEN to the Prize Fund I had no chance of see any return on.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Think I do more to support local pool than you Jerry, like local YOUTH POOL. Now maybe Jason will reply with what the add per player is as they may draw some player to the OPEN, and I don't play Opens in Arizona, as all I would be doing is giving GREEN to the Prize Fund I had no chance of see any return on.

I think the OPEN means open for anyone to play in it but still has a handicapped format so anyone can win. :smile:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I played in a 9 and UNDER ONCE at Metro on a Tuesday Night, when Nines were Nines, and not EIGHTS AS of the LAST RATING MEETING LOWERING. Think the NINES had to go to 6 or 7 GAMES, and DREW (2) Nines.

Think in the Two SETS I got to, rack & watch mostly, I got maybe 5 shots at STRONG SAFEIWS, making NO Balls.

I left saying to myself I had no chance, and just added to the pot.

Sometime you have to be honest, and say no more contributions, until you have a chance, RACKING IS NO FUN.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member

So you didn't answer my question. Didn't think you could/would anyway.

Mike has added hundred's of bucks to every single weekly tournament and the numbers didn't increase. He has OPEN's, like Lenny confirmed, where you race to a handicap - 3. Anyone can win! We had an OPEN 8-ball tournament the other week and a 5 took down the prize overcoming 8's, 9's, etc.

I'm sorry Coco but you don't fit the demographic that most pool room owners are looking for. They run tournaments to create business and not just add another body in the room looking for a handout. And to clarify, "Create Business" means that the players and friends spend GREEN at the pool room.

Good Day Sir!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So you didn't answer my question. Didn't think you could/would anyway.

Mike has added hundred's of bucks to every single weekly tournament and the numbers didn't increase. He has OPEN's, like Lenny confirmed, where you race to a handicap - 3. Anyone can win! We had an OPEN 8-ball tournament the other week and a 5 took down the prize overcoming 8's, 9's, etc.

I'm sorry Coco but you don't fit the demographic that most pool room owners are looking for. They run tournaments to create business and not just add another body in the room looking for a handout. And to clarify, "Create Business" means that the players and friends spend GREEN at the pool room.

Good Day Sir!

Think Post #16 say why I don't play in OPENS, to be honest in EARLY MAY I got put in a KNEE BRACE that limits my mobility & movement of ONE KNEES, so I have been staying home, NOT PLAYING ANY TOURNAMENTS, and playing in our community room, or a friend place 100% of the time.

You do not have to explain the ins, and outs of running a business, as I ran one for years of self employment where I realized ever client was important, as you never knew how many other clients they referred to you. Mine was a SERVICE BIZ.

Now if you need an answer to the question you asked, "What amount would make you show up to support a local pool room"

Let me ASK? What local pool room you talking about????

BTW I think the NEW Rating System is going to HURT POOL in Arizona. The reason is the NINES are NOW EIGHTS will dominate the EIGHT and Under tournaments.

IMHO the Room/Bar Owners who reacted by lower their Tournament from 8 and under to 7 and under etc. Are protecting their "C", as if they did not do what they did. They would loose a lot of "C's" (4's. 5's, 6's, and 7's UNDER THE OLD SYSTEM) who would just not come to play. Also these "C's " are the people spending money on Beer, etc. that is what make or break a place.

BUT I am also willing to sit back, and watch to see if what I think is right or wrong about the rating number move.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
What amount would make you show up to support a local pool room?

Well Jerry I have pondered your question, and honestly at my point in life nothing MAKES me doing anything. I do stuff because I want too, and honestly I can not see myself stepping foot in Sweet Tooth! It is not my kind of place, as it is DRY, (no beer sales) :mad: and I like a (1) Small Cold Beer before heading home from play.