Open discussion thread

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was driving 100 Kms an hour the other day and there was a mosquito on the inside of my windshield hovering and buzzing around. Was he he flying 100 Kms an hour too?

If Nolan Ryan is riding on a 100 mph train and he throws a 100 mph pitch at a catcher who is planted on the side of the tracks, he is going to need a mitt that can handle a 200 mph fastball.

If the mosquito in your car was flying 4 kms and your car was moving at 100 kms then the mosquito was moving at 104 kms.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if the car was moving west, and the mosquito was moving east?

Great question. My scenario was the car was moving east and the mosquito was flying east.

If it was flying west at 4 kms it would be moving at 96 kms if I had to bet.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another one: A trucker is being weighed at a weigh station carrying a bunch of chickens in cages.

The load is slightly overweight so he bangs on the side of the truck and the chickens start flying in midair inside the truck.

Does the weight of the load get lighter?

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another one: A trucker is being weighed at a weigh station carrying a bunch of chickens in cages.

The load is slightly overweight so he bangs on the side of the truck and the chickens start flying in midair inside the truck.

Sneaky sneaky... weight of the load, no. Weight of the truck as read on the scale, yes.

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody else find this thread unbeliculously ridiculievable?

When I was fresh out of high school I took a job selling cars at a Ford dealership. Sometimes we had to work bell to bells (open to close) and we would get extremely bored. So we started making up words and using them with customers. Not one person asked me what test drivalize meant. Not one. They just said sure and went on the test drive. I wonder if their automatic engine sequencer ever gave them any problems. Try that at your own job today and see if anyone notices.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Houston, we got us a problem here.
Chickens don't fly so good.
Their wings are considered vestigial.

'Vestigial' will be your word of the day....
..when your opponent is running 'packs' on you...
...your Schon with the Mezz shaft and the Moori tip (original) and your
Kamui chalk starts to feel extremely vestigial.:angry::eek::angry::eek:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody else find this thread unbeliculously ridiculievable?

When I was fresh out of high school I took a job selling cars at a Ford dealership. Sometimes we had to work bell to bells (open to close) and we would get extremely bored. So we started making up words and using them with customers. Not one person asked me what test drivalize meant. Not one. They just said sure and went on the test drive. I wonder if their automatic engine sequencer ever gave them any problems. Try that at your own job today and see if anyone notices.

I remember a kid in 4th grade described something large as GiHugey. The class roared.

When we got bored at work we used to leave a candy dish full of Harry Potter's Bertie Botts Every flavored beans from Jelly Belly. Well there are Vomit flavored and Booger flavored, Dirt, Black Pepper mixed in with the good flavors so it was like Jelly Bean Roulette.

I'll never forget the grand daughter picked a delicious one then the Grandma wasn't so lucky. She said, "Well these don't taste good at all!"

Three of us were trying so hard not to laugh, My pits were sweating.
Anyone that's ever tasted those know they taste exactly as described.