Opinions on this cue?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It isn't? What else is fake on it?
Nothing is fake, but the buttplate mostly reminds me of the "Cerocite" material that Adam Cue Company used and probably still uses for buttplates.
They've been made in both Japan and Korea that I know of. Possibly elsewhere. Also, the ringwork in the joint collars very much remind me of that line as well, though I can't find the exact model. But that may be a good start.

For reference, an ivory looking buttplate can also be various versions of Ivorine. To my knowledge, there is Ivorine 3 and Ivorine 4. Various makers use other composites.

All the best,
WW

outrider1

Registered
Nothing is fake, but the buttplate mostly reminds me of the "Cerocite" material that Adam Cue Company used and probably still uses for buttplates.
They've been made in both Japan and Korea that I know of. Possibly elsewhere. Also, the ringwork in the joint collars very much remind me of that line as well, though I can't find the exact model. But that may be a good start.

For reference, an ivory looking buttplate can also be various versions of Ivorine. To my knowledge, there is Ivorine 3 and Ivorine 4. Various makers use other composites.

All the best,
WW
I will take better pictures tomorrow, thanks!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You call me ignorant with that grammar? Ironic lol
At least I know who I'm talking to, unlike you. You might wanna go back and see who I was responding to.

BTW, let me know when class is back in session so I can straighten up me gramers

Was it the "you're" that autocorrect changed from your? Or do you have other issues? We are in a virtual pool room if you didn't know that - I bet you're fun to hang out with 🤣🤣🤣

You know I'm just messing with you. I have no issues with you 😁

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm almost positive this is an Adam from their classic series (not sure if its the acutal name of the series )from about 25 years ago.
This might be a Willie Mosconi tribute cue.
It looks 100% ADAM to me. Nice cue. A lot of people don't know that Miki of Mezz fame pretty much ran the shop that Helmstetter oversaw. They could/did make some very nice cues like this one.

Last edited:

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks 100% ADAM to me. Nice cue.
It's a hell of a nice cue, and apparently they hit fanfuckingtastic.

I can't remember who was the man person overseeing production at Adam at the time, but it was a very reputable name and these tribute cues were/are absolutely fantastic.