Opinions on this cue?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
look at all these posts trying to figure out just who made this chinese cue that is worth a few hundred dollars at best.

its like figuring out who made your shovel, home depot or lowes.

Benelli

look at all these posts trying to figure out just who made this chinese cue that is worth a few hundred dollars at best.

its like figuring out who made your shovel, home depot or lowes.
Do you mean just like my cheap "Asian Import" cue that turned out to be a Pechauer...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you mean just like my cheap "Asian Import" cue that turned out to be a Pechauer...
your Pech is probably a one out of a 100(if that) cue. Almost every cue that someone finds in a yard sale/pawn-thrift shop is some sort of asian sourced cue. The op's cue is one of those. Very nice cue but its not an American-made cue.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As some already know, I’m a proponent of using pre-ban (‘78) ivory and charging a special federal tax on its sale
exclusively intended to fund protecting and preserving elephants. And make it a sizable tax too not only to raise
money but discourage broad, widespread usage by limiting sales & to maintain future availability of current inventory.

Having said that, a cue butt is a chunk of ivory a lot larger than a ferrule. None of my cues’ butts resemble this nor
do any of the ferrules. I’d otherwise imagine with a butt, the ivory grains would be more noticeable like on my cues.
Ideologist and Will P., have a keen eye for detail and IMO, both are seldom wrong on subjects involving pool cues.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen most cues and I have never heard of this brand. Whats a Nunya cue?
A Nunya Cue is merely acronym slang for the official name of the cue in question.

Don’t ya ‘member growin up as a kid axing a frend to go ta lunch…….Hey….Jeetyet?”

Well, when udda pool playrs ask what kinda cue ya got there? Jus answer it’s an original Nunya.

So if and when they reply, what kinda cue? Jus reply…..Damn, it’s an original Nunya Fuchin Bizness.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As some already know, I’m a proponent of using pre-ban (‘78) ivory and charging a special federal tax on its sale
exclusively intended to fund protecting and preserving elephants. And make it a sizable tax too not only to raise
money but discourage broad, widespread usage by limiting sales & to maintain future availability of current inventory.
Don't be too impressed with the plan.

The tax$ wouldn't cover the retainers for the lawyers such an endeavor would require.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I think this cue was going for way too much on ebay last week. But hopefully whoever got it likes the cue.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Having said that, a cue butt is a chunk of ivory a lot larger than a ferrule. None of my cues’ butts resemble this nor
do any of the ferrules. I’d otherwise imagine with a butt, the ivory grains would be more noticeable like on my cues.
Ideologist and Will P., have a keen eye for detail and IMO, both are seldom wrong on subjects involving pool cues.
Never gonna happen.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
How much did it go for?
Looks like it sold for $927 with 74 bids from 18 bidders:

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Man, that seller just happens by a lot of "unknown / unmarked" cues that could be treasures.

Benelli

Man, that seller just happens by a lot of "unknown / unmarked" cues that could be treasures.
Well, his seller name is CRAZY4CUES!!!

It's in the name, you just have to look....

Also little side rant on eBay, the prices that people are willing to pay for "mystery" cues baffles the shit out of me. You will see beat-ass Meucci's with a warp sell for six to seven hundred. Routinely...

The high-end cue market may be dying but that's only because everyone is buying the low-end right now...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Buyer got a nice 500ish cue for the low,low price of 927. These ADAM cues are nice but not 900 nice.