OT:Annoying gifs above sigs

Beware_of_Dawg said:
go to the user CP option at the top of the page (click)... go to edit options (click) scroll down till you see this option...

Visible Post Elements

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
[X]Show Signatures
[X]Show Avatars
[X]Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

unlick the show signatures option. you will not longer see any gif signatures.


~D4\/\/G~[/QUOTE]
Thanks, did that. Much better now.
Joey~Likes to read posts not watch animated gifs over and over again~
 
Johnnyt said:
Could all the animation be causing the site to be slowed down or freeze? Johnnyt

In a word, no...

The animated GIFs he uses are very small in size, and have a very insignificant impact on the site's "speed".

Once they are loaded into your computer, they are using your computer's compute cycles (processor power) to perform the animation.

Now, the "funny pic" thread, is a whole different matter! :)
 
CocoCowboy annoying? No way. Consider Hypnoticz ! Like fingernails on a chalk board.:(
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
I ignore no one post, as you can never predict what anyone will say, and if they were ignored, you might not glean some great information.,
arff.gif



I "could" name a couple posters that will never post anything worth actually reading........But everyone already knows who those two are........;)
 
BRKNRUN and I were discussing this the other day. If it wasn't CocoboloCowboy that we found annoying, it would be some other dim wit. It could always be worse!
 
Beware_of_Dawg said:
go to the user CP option at the top of the page (click)... go to edit options (click) scroll down till you see this option...

Visible Post Elements

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
[X]Show Signatures
[X]Show Avatars
[X]Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

unlick the show signatures option. you will not longer see any gif signatures.


~D4\/\/G~[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is an option... but this is the suggestion anytime people complain about anything. (Avatars, Images, etc.) In my opinion, having to block ALL signatures because Cocobolo Cowboy's is freaking annoying means that you will miss out on a lot of good signatures too. Same with avatars and images. So, if a lot of people are annoyed by his signature, should everyone have to suffer by blocking all signatures? [U]Or could he just be decent and take it down?[/U]:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
stuckart said:
BRKNRUN and I were discussing this the other day. If it wasn't CocoboloCowboy that we found annoying, it would be some other dim wit. It could always be worse!

I've actually never thought that his animated gifs were annoying; never even crossed my mind. Stuckart makes a good point.
 
BRKNRUN said:
I "could" name a couple posters that will never post anything worth actually reading........But everyone already knows who those two are........;)

LOL!!! I'm sure most of us could. Rep for you.
 
MOJOE said:
You could also simply put him on your ignore list. That way you don't have to look at any of his posts. (That's what I did) DWYW!

Yep. He is the only one on my ignore list for that reason alone.
 
BRKNRUN said:
I "could" name a couple posters that will never post anything worth actually reading........But everyone already knows who those two are........;)

I'm not sure if I know who you aare referring to.

Hope it's not me! :eek: :eek:

Steve
 
I'm on dial up also. I'm forced to turn off my signatures because of a select few inconsiderate asses.
 
Hal said:
I'm on dial up also. I'm forced to turn off my signatures because of a select few inconsiderate asses.

Do you want to tell us how you really feel?

I've had signatures turned off for quite awhile, not because of the speed of the connection, but because it often took so long just to scroll past them all.

I know that I may miss something I'd like to see because they are turned off..it just make life soooo much easier.

Steve
 
I'm more tired of seeing 95% of Cowboy's posts contributing absolutely nothing to the thread at hand. :)
 
I've has signatures turned off for at least two years. My AZ experience is MUCH better without them.
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
I ignore no one post, as you can never predict what anyone will say, and if they were ignored, you might not glean some great information.,
arff.gif
I personally think you are perdicktable. I feel if you said something its not worth reading. JMO I have been wrong before.
 
Doesn't bother me. Too many personalities on a message board. Learn to live with them because you, figuratively speaking, probably do something that they don't like.
MULLY
half naked women in avatars bother me more. children have access to this forum.
 
I am not bothered by his busy sig. And his posts aren't annoying as some of the others out there.

I think the sig that always bothered me most was the huge pic that (I think) said something about not wanting your business to look bad, or something like that. I don't know what about it was so bothersome, but it used to really aggravate me, so I got to where I'd scroll past it quickly, so it wouldn't mess with me, so bad.

Quite often, folks post huge pics and I have to scroll to the right to see them all. (Now, THAT irritates me!) After that, I normally just continue to scroll down and who posted isn't visible on the left, so the only way I have of knowing who posted what (without scrolling back to the left) is if someone has a sig. Since I pay little attention to sigs, whenever I'm dealing with the annoying wide page threads, the few sigs that catch my attention are the ones I know so well, which helps me relate better to the thread, too.

I always liked Fast Lenny's animated sigs. Those are some of my favs.

As for the funny pics thread, I am quite glad it exists. I've had some tough times, lately. Sometimes, just turning on my computer and reading that thread makes my whole day worth getting through. If someone doesn't like the thread, they don't have to read it. There are some rather questionable things posted once in a while, but the pics and jokes that make me laugh unexpectedly and aren't x-rated are the best, ever!

If you don't like the funny pics thread, don't read it. There are lots of other great threads on this forum.

I haven't had a lot of opportunity to play pool, lately, so this forum has been my biggest connection to the game. I'm really glad it's here.

sde... you're doing GREAT. Keep up the good work on the funny pics thread.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sde
gutshot said:
I'm more tired of seeing 95% of Cowboy's posts contributing absolutely nothing to the thread at hand. :)


True enough, I've put him on ignore so I don't have to see all that stupid gif shit and his posts that have no bearing on the thread subject
 
Back
Top