OT:Annoying gifs above sigs

JoeyInCali said:
Am I alone in getting annoyed by Cocobolo Cowboy's animated gif inside the message box on ALL of his messages?

No you are not alone! And the post below make me think that he is now doing it to intensionally pi$$ people off.

Steve
 
Last edited:
No.
wave.gif
wave.gif
wave.gif
 
JoeyInCali said:
Am I alone in getting annoyed by Cocobolo Cowboy's animated gif inside the message box on ALL of his messages?

You are not alone. They are annoying and generally bear no relationship to the text of his message. I've always found animated gifs to be kind of "honky-tonk".
 
catscradle said:
You are not alone. They are annoying and generally bear no relationship to the text of his message. I've always found animated gifs to be kind of "honky-tonk".


I agree with this. I actually think Cowboy's is a bit more tasteful than most. Some are out of control.
 
Jude Rosenstock said:
Unlikely. Everything you upload has a size limit. It's no different than most of the photos that are posted here.

OK thank you. Johnnyt
 
Jude Rosenstock said:
Unlikely. Everything you upload has a size limit. It's no different than most of the photos that are posted here.

I am on a Dialup connection, and when the weather is right, the moon is right, and the dog has not moved the wire connecting the computer to the telephone, everything work find except really big photo that are slow.
cheerleader.gif
 
go to the user CP option at the top of the page (click)... go to edit options (click) scroll down till you see this option...

Visible Post Elements

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
[X]Show Signatures
[X]Show Avatars
[X]Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

unlick the show signatures option. you will not longer see any gif signatures.


~D4\/\/G~
 
Last edited:
You could also simply put him on your ignore list. That way you don't have to look at any of his posts. (That's what I did) DWYW!
 
Last edited:
JoeyInCali said:
Am I alone in getting annoyed by Cocobolo Cowboy's animated gif inside the message box on ALL of his messages?

Am I alone in getting annoyed by Cocobolo Cowboy's existence?
 
James said:
Am I alone in getting annoyed by Cocobolo Cowboy's existence?
Sheeeeat no!

He was banned for a while, but he appears to have begged/ cried/ weaseled his way back. Too bad for us.
 
Black-Balled said:
Sheeeeat no!

He was banned for a while, but he appears to have begged/ cried/ weaseled his way back. Too bad for us.

Bring back the Cock Sparrer avatar ;)
 
Johnnyt said:
Could all the animation be causing the site to be slowed down or freeze? Johnnyt
I don't know how much the animation slows the site, but you can be sure it isn't speeding anything up! If you add up all of the posts with animation then they probably do have an effect on the site.

James
 
MOJOE said:
You could also simply put him on your ignore list. That way you don't have to look at any of his posts. (That's what I did) DWYW!

I ignore no one post, as you can never predict what anyone will say, and if they were ignored, you might not glean some great information.,
arff.gif
 
Maybe that is why......

People aren't worried about putting you on ignore.

BVal

CocoboloCowboy said:
I ignore no one post, as you can never predict what anyone will say, and if they were ignored, you might not glean some great information.,
arff.gif
 
Back
Top