OTW Junior International 9 Ball Championship

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kudos to Diamond Billiard Products (Greg Sullivan) and On The Wire Creative Media (Ra Hanna) for putting together this Junior Event. I was chagrined when the DCC moved to an exclusive 21-and-over venue, so this is a great effort to keep the juniors competing and improving. If you know a junior player who can make it to Roanoke, VA from January 7th-9th, 2021, please help them get signed up. The event is taking place at The Wolf Den, which looks to be a classy and spacious pool hall.

Here is the link to the info: https://www.azbilliards.com/lights-...ces-junior-international-9-ball-championship/

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This will be a great event to encourage and support Junior pool players. Congrats to Diamond and On The Wire Media for putting this together. There will be live streaming of matches so we can see what kind of talent is out there. If there is a worthy junior player in your area this is an opportunity to sponsor them in a well run and competitive tournament.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad to see Ra Hanna get this put together even in the face of the current pandemic. Kudos Sir! I'm sure it will be a well-run junior tournament.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember going to the Atlantic Challenge here in Chicago a few years ago to watch the juniors play. Only a couple of dozen people there, free to attend. Alison Fisher, Dennis Hatch and Johnny Archer were in attendance. Great event, I was in disbelief that the attendance was so small.

camaro69926

Registered
My son and I were super excited to see the flyer for this event. With (2) big names in the pool world (Diamond and Ra Hanna) putting it together this will definitely be a great event. Unfortunately I only get (3) weeks of vacation a year and (3) other big tournaments in July and to only have November and December to save for a trip to Virginia. Hopefully I can figure out away to get my son to this event.

We have many great junior pool players through out the country and they are definitely fun to watch. If you enjoy watching pool, junior's will frustrate you and get you cheering for them in the same shot. Please try and get the views up for this event and the sponsors will take notice to help these junior players.

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am thrilled to see another junior event added to the calendar, but I do have to wonder how many "International" players will be involved? I mean, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the naming of this event is straight from the Charlie Williams school of Marketing...?