Outstanding Service from BeCue!

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Italian company which markets the BeCue also provides outstanding service, as my recent experience shows.

My 5.1 shaft developed a pinhead size chip in the paint (no doubt my fault). I contacted the company for advice about how best to touch-up my paint job. Instead, they insisted that I return the shaft to them for repairs—at no cost to me. Not only did they repaint my shaft, they paid for the shipping both ways! I told them I thought the tiny chip was probably caused by some action on my part, but they insisted on repairing it, so that they could make an assessment and make sure there were no flaws in their production process. Talk about standing behind your product!

Two weeks later I got a brand new shaft in the mail, no charge. They also repainted my original shaft and sent it back to me as well, to have as a backup. Wow!

BeCue offers a lifetime warranty on their cues. They really mean it!

(Oh, and did I mention that the cue hits sweet and pure!)

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
That was pretty awesome of them to do. Would like to try there cue eventually. I've fallen in love with my Revo's though.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the Revo is a great shaft too. The difference between the two is that the whole BeCue (shaft and butt) is carbon-fiber.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Italian company which markets the BeCue also provides outstanding service, as my recent experience shows.

My 5.1 shaft developed a pinhead size chip in the paint (no doubt my fault). I contacted the company for advice about how best to touch-up my paint job. Instead, they insisted that I return the shaft to them for repairs—at no cost to me. Not only did they repaint my shaft, they paid for the shipping both ways! I told them I thought the tiny chip was probably caused by some action on my part, but they insisted on repairing it, so that they could make an assessment and make sure there were no flaws in their production process. Talk about standing behind your product!

Not only did I get my repaired shaft back in two weeks, but BeCue threw in a second, new 5.1 shaft free, for my trouble. Wow!

Sounds like a whole lot more than you'd get from Predator.
A company that is just shy of not even recognizing their own product after its been sold.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Not only did I get my repaired shaft back in two weeks, but BeCue threw in a second, new 5.1 shaft free, for my trouble. Wow!

Their customer service is second to none. I've had them do similar things. I am hopeful they do come up with a touch up kit.

I am playing better than ever with my BeCue now that I'm fully adjusted to it. I never thought that a cue alone would make much difference but it definitely has.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear of your positive experience LWD... you wouldn't happen to have a photo of the shaft damage you incurred, just for reference?

I just received my BeCue (+extension). I have yet to try it at the pool table, but I should have a detailed review some time next week. My first impression from just holding the cue is that the balance is pretty sweet, but I can't say more than that until I hit a few balls.
Oh, and Alessandro of BeCues was an absolute delight to cooperate with. He assured me that they will stand 100% behind their product and that I should contact them if I experience any issues with the cue. Good to hear they're true to their word, but after talking to Alessandro for a few weeks I never doubted it for a second.

Anyway, enjoy your BeCues , guys, and my review will follow soon. :cool:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Two weeks later I got a brand new shaft in the mail, no charge. They also repainted my original shaft and sent it back to me as well, to have as a backup. Wow!

Alessandro and Michele of BeCue are a breath of fresh air to the pool cue market. It is very rare that a business creates an atmosphere where you feel honored to give them your business.
After hearing customer service stories like this, I'm truly honored to have given these guys support and business.
Welcome to the BeCue family, LWD, I promise you will not only become addicted to the cue but your enjoyment of the game and learning is given a shot of adrenaline.

To all who are thinking of experimenting with carbon fiber, give these guys the opportunity to serve you and in return, keep them around with the added business.
Pool needs companies like this.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their customer service is second to none. I've had them do similar things. I am hopeful they do come up with a touch up kit.

I am playing better than ever with my BeCue now that I'm fully adjusted to it. I never thought that a cue alone would make much difference but it definitely has.

TATE, I know exactly what you are talking about, I just never knew what I was missing out on until BeCue.

The real review is when you've played consistently with BeCue for 6 months then go and grab your past playing cue and give it a turn at the table. That's when the realization of the engineering feat that is BeCue is fully comprehended.

Looking forward to more reviews from all BeCue players.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dealing with Allessandro is a pleasure .. he is a champ, a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to dealing with most cue manufacturers.

I have been playing with a Becue now for a little over 3 months -- a full review is on the way as soon as I have the time to do it.

I will say now that one of my biggest concerns was how the cue would hit. This cue hits and plays more like a solid maple shaft than anything I can think of. Good solid clean feeling with every shot, never a vibration or any feeling of hollowness.

One more thing I will add is that with out any question this is the most consistent cue I have ever played with -- This cue builds confidence - I am shooting with the intensions of finding a very small landing pad, I am making position shots now with the Becue that normally I would not attempt when danger looms if I'm a bit long or short..

More later...

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a close-up image of the chip. You can see it was very small by comparing it to the size of the tip in the image.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 343

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
^^^^

That would drive me nuts playing w that chip. I'm kinda ocd about that stuff.

Be different if it was down lower where fingers wouldn't be sliding over it.

That'd be tough repair to get back to 100% for most ppl.

Which would have me shopping for a new shaft.

That's awesome service, but imo necessary if they want people to keep using their product.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a close-up image of the chip. You can see it was very small by comparing it to the size of the tip in the image.

Looks like you've been playing the heck outta that BeCue. Good for you.
Johnny Cash used to bang, kick, scratch and play the heck outta his guitars because he believed that a sign of a great talent is how worn their instrument is. I always see pool cues the same way.

I'm still waiting for the BeCue to turn blue with use but it never happens.

So let's hear it, what's the story behind the paint chip? Also, I'm curious, how thick is the actual layer of paint? Was it enough to feel like a ding, such as wood shafts get?

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the image, LWD. I'm curious to hear the same things that Cardigan Kid asked, especially regarding the thickness of that layer... was that something that bothered you while playing?
Also, the repainted shaft they returned to you - was it fixed/repainted so that you can't tell there was a chip in the paint there in the first place?

From what I gathered BeCue guys are diligently working on a touch-up kit so that people can fix these issues by themselves instead of having to send the cue for repair if something like this happens.

Until that happens it's very reassuring to know that BeCue stands behind their products, we need more of that in the pool world. As I always say - a happy customer is a returning customer... or at least a walking, talking advertisement. :)

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BeCue folks just lightly touched up the chip on my original shaft and sent it back to me to have as a backup, along with a brand new replacement shaft. So they didn't really repair the damaged shaft very much.

The paint layer is not thick. Yes, the chip felt like a slight ding in a wood shaft. But it was mostly the esthetics that bothered me.