Over 80

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Executive Billiards....Indianapolis..70s
Louis Roberts got the manager to play $100 nine ball....Louis got the break and BIH...
...if the manager drove any ball to a rail, he won...
...Louis won ten in a row and the guy quit.
Willis might have been in similar action...and then the story got distorted.

I tricked a man outta $2,000 at the Rack once...the whole room had a good laugh...
...a few years later, that $2,000 had become $20,000...:)

In the gambling world, a good story can always be made better....:D

Something most are familiar with but for those not, here goes:

In elementary school, we played a class game called "Telephone". Teacher would write a sentence on the board before class and cover it with paper. She/He would whisper the sentence to the 1st student at the front corner of the class. Each would then whisper to the kid behind them. The last kid would write on the board what was whispered to her/him. The teacher then removed the paper and the two sentences compared. NEVER did the two have a thing to do with each other.

Human nature...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Executive Billiards....Indianapolis..70s
Louis Roberts got the manager to play $100 nine ball....Louis got the break and BIH...
...if the manager drove any ball to a rail, he won...
...Louis won ten in a row and the guy quit.
Willis might have been in similar action...and then the story got distorted.

I tricked a man outta $2,000 at the Rack once...the whole room had a good laugh...
...a few years later, that $2,000 had become $20,000...:)

In the gambling world, a good story can always be made better....:D

That makes sense. Break with BIH for a top player is stealing. The 10-1 odds though is problematic for me. Maybe 2-1 is more like it. You'd be surprised how strong 2-1 is when gambling. A shortstop could beat a top level player in 9-Ball getting 2-1. I know because I did it! :cool: