overlooking the obvious, thanks Jimmy Reid!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Silver Member
I have watched part of the DVD's from Jimmy Reid, admittedly just skimming, I haven't settled down to study them yet. No time for Negative starts off very basic, grip, stances,(yes you read that right stances) and bridge. I'm keeping one eye on the DVD waiting for the good part to begin. I started playing pool almost forty years ago, I don't need to be told how to tie my shoes.

Wait a minute, go back to the closed bridge. With a little arthritis in my hands I have let my closed bridge get a little sloppy. Worse, I have started forming it plain wrong. I grabbed up my stick and quickly made a proper bridge. Far more control.

OK, maybe I do need to be reminded how to tie my shoes. I just got my $69.95 out of the DVD's and I haven't even got started good yet. Nine hours of video, I'm sure there is more to come.

Hu
 
They are a steal at $70. My kicking and banking game have improved dramatically in a matter of weeks. One of his demonstrations is how quickly and easily you can line up cross corner and cross side bank shots. Ball in hand bank shots don't come up very often, but if it ever does, I'm absolutely confident I can make it. Listening to how he analyzes 8-ball and 9-ball racks are priceless. Have I mentioned those DVD's are a steal at $70? Long way of saying . . . "Bump."
 
I have his DVD's. They are a little dated. Like the Mika set better for the same price. Some of the concepts are the same but Mika makes it a little easier and addresses other areas. More bang for the buck.
 
I have his DVD's. They are a little dated. Like the Mika set better for the same price. Some of the concepts are the same but Mika makes it a little easier and addresses other areas. More bang for the buck.


Yes, some is a little dated, but still good stuff. they are a must to have in any good collection.
 
Back
Top