Pags and Gorst match postponed.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fedor has a health problem.
I wonder if it was affecting him during the 10-Ball event a couple days ago. He was on the stream only once but sure didn't play at the level we expect from him.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know he’s pretty open about having chronic issues with his back. Read somewhere that was the reason in postponing this match. He’s been playing a lot and those multi event tournaments like in SC can be brutal on the players. I saw a few players dropped out and didn’t go to Racks on the Rocks saying they were too tired and worn out.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nothing serious i hope?

1633907265941.png

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Kristina will take care of him ;)
I saw them play at the Midwest Billiards Expo. I didn't get to see Gorst play much as the tables were stuck back in a corner. Kristina was a class act. She played great in the 9B tourney. Perfect fundamentals, everything just consistent as could be. Very good sport and seemed very untroubled by pressure shots of any kind. Just an even cool play style. She would make a great role model for young girls, girl power and classy. Hell, she makes a good pool playing model for anyone to emulate. I know seeing her and the other great players got my lazy ass focusing on consistency and fundamentals harder than ever before.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I feel Gorst has proved himself under heat....I hope he didn’t test positive.
I see him as the new Souquet.
Wow. Yours is an extremely well informed opinion but, honestly, I don't see many similarities.

Gorst shoots straighter than Ralf ever did, but his patterns are not nearly of Souquet quality. Ralf's safety play was a cut above that of Fedor, too. Ralf kicked better than Fedor and had better speed control, but Fedor jumps much better than Ralf ever did. Both featured excellent breaks. Fedor has a strong championship pedigree like Ralf, and the upside is certainly there.

If you mean that Fedor has a chance to have a career that will put him in the conversation with Ralf (and, of course, Josh Filler) for best ever European pool player, I can see that, but there isn't much Gorst does that reminds me of Souquet.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wow. Yours is am extremely well informed opinion but, honestly, I don't see many similarities.

Gorst shoots straighter than Ralf ever did, but his patterns are not nearly of Souquet quality. Ralf's safety play was a cut above that of Fedor, too. Ralf kicked better than Fedor and had better speed control, but Fedor jumps much better than Ralf ever did. Both featured excellent breaks. Fedor has a strong championship pedigree like Ralf, and the upside is certainly there.

If you mean that Fedor has a chance to have a career that will put him in the conversation with Ralf (and, of course, Josh Filler) for best ever European pool player, I can see that, but there isn't much Gorst does that reminds me of Souquet.
For me it’s Fedor’s attitude that reminds me of Ralf. And remember, Fedor just started shaving. A young Ralf had things to learn also.