Palmer-Identity Help Requested-Not Originals

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I know they're not "original Palmers" but any help would be appreciated.
The first one is on Tate's website, the other two I can't find.
All possibly 80's vintage, I'm not sure.

Thanks

Palmer008-1.jpg


Palmer009.jpg


Palmer001-1.jpg


Palmer004-2.jpg


Palmer003.jpg
 
The top cue

The top cue is a "PM-11" Palmer cue designed by Pete Margo
I just purchase the same one. It is a Great cue.
 
Peter Margo

The top cue is a "PM-11" Palmer cue designed by Pete Margo
I just purchase the same one. It is a Great cue.

Thanks for the info.
I agree, it is a great cue.
Still straight and plays pretty good.

Do you know when they were made?
 
Hi,

I think what you have is one catalog cue and two "customs".

The cue without veneers is a Model 3 from the third catalog. The top cue is similiar to the PM-11, but the inlays patterns and rings are different. The other cue has a lot of characteristics of several Palmer models, but looks like it was specially ordered, as it doesn't match any models I know of. I think Palmer offered some pretty standard inlays, butt caps, and other features which could be kind of mixed and matched to give the customer a "custom" cue.

Nice cues! Thanks for sharing...

Steve
 
Palmer No.3

Hi,

I think what you have is one catalog cue and two "customs".

The cue without veneers is a Model 3 from the third catalog. The top cue is similiar to the PM-11, but the inlays patterns and rings are different. The other cue has a lot of characteristics of several Palmer models, but looks like it was specially ordered, as it doesn't match any models I know of. I think Palmer offered some pretty standard inlays, butt caps, and other features which could be kind of mixed and matched to give the customer a "custom" cue.

Nice cues! Thanks for sharing...

Steve

Thanks Hunter
 
The middle one is a special run Palmer did to have cues to be sold from their shop in the early 1980's. These were made in-house on forearms they had in-stock. The forearm is from the 3rd catalog Model 8, ebony points and veneers. They used a variety of forearms on this run, but the same butt design.

Does the upper cue have a screw holding the bumper in?

Chris
 
Palmers

The middle one is a special run Palmer did to have cues to be sold from their shop in the early 1980's. These were made in-house on forearms they had in-stock. The forearm is from the 3rd catalog Model 8, ebony points and veneers. They used a variety of forearms on this run, but the same butt design.

Does the upper cue have a screw holding the bumper in?

Chris

Thanks Chris,

The bumper is held in by an allen head screw
 
Back
Top