I stopped by Hollywood Billiards today to say hi to Jay Helfert and watch some of the 10-Ball. I took some pictures which was a bit challenging in the low light but I thought some might enjoy them anyway.
The room is very nice, Brunswick GC's I believe with shimmed 4 inch pockets (corrected, thanks Russ), tough but fair according to most. Lots of room, a full menu, full bar and a nice patio for dining and the remaining smokers. Overall a very nice setting as you can see here:
The Tournament Director was our own Jay Helfert who did a great job as always. He was seen kidding with the children in the gallery, policing the photographers who forgot to turn off their focus assist lamp (yours truly) to protect the players from distraction, making sure seating was available close to the action for the spectators, keeping the brackets, and generally making everything run smoothly.
One less table Ernesto needs to cover....
I'm posting this photo of the brackets up to the last 2 matches here, in order to read it I had to post it full size, which is sorta HUGE, so I am attaching this link, you'll have to scroll around to see it all, but it should be legible. In my browser, a little "+" comes up when you put your cursor on the photo, you need to click to see it full size.
There were some BIG breaks from the likes of Tang Hoa
And Louie Ulrich
Jay was blurry, but IMPRESSED!!
I'm only allowed 10 photos per post so you will find more pics Here & Here
Joe
The room is very nice, Brunswick GC's I believe with shimmed 4 inch pockets (corrected, thanks Russ), tough but fair according to most. Lots of room, a full menu, full bar and a nice patio for dining and the remaining smokers. Overall a very nice setting as you can see here:
The Tournament Director was our own Jay Helfert who did a great job as always. He was seen kidding with the children in the gallery, policing the photographers who forgot to turn off their focus assist lamp (yours truly) to protect the players from distraction, making sure seating was available close to the action for the spectators, keeping the brackets, and generally making everything run smoothly.
One less table Ernesto needs to cover....
I'm posting this photo of the brackets up to the last 2 matches here, in order to read it I had to post it full size, which is sorta HUGE, so I am attaching this link, you'll have to scroll around to see it all, but it should be legible. In my browser, a little "+" comes up when you put your cursor on the photo, you need to click to see it full size.
There were some BIG breaks from the likes of Tang Hoa
And Louie Ulrich
Jay was blurry, but IMPRESSED!!
I'm only allowed 10 photos per post so you will find more pics Here & Here
Joe
Last edited: