Piecing out a gold crown 1

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a table that the slate on two cracked. I understand the hesitancy to buy it. So I’m wondering would I be better off just selling individual things and getting rid of the slate? I don’t know if people really need certain of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for a little more information. The table is sanded down to bare wood. Pockets and feet and ball counter are powder coated. Great condition pockets. Drop and return ones. Drop are original and not in wonderful shape.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
It would depend on what you are looking to get out of it.. I've never paid more than $400 for a complete Gold Crown, even ones in really good condition.
If the rails are in good shape, they would be worth more than anything else, in my opinion. If the pocket castings are the heavy duty style, found on the early Gold Crown I, they would be worth more than the lighter version, found on the late I through III.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would depend on what you are looking to get out of it.. I've never paid more than $400 for a complete Gold Crown, even ones in really good condition.
If the rails are in good shape, they would be worth more than anything else, in my opinion. If the pocket castings are the heavy duty style, found on the early Gold Crown I, they would be worth more than the lighter version, found on the late I through III.
The rails are in original condition, never refinished. Im not sure which castings I have. Thanks for the response though.
Why not buy new slate? A set can be had for roughly $600.
and when I looked into it before I think 1200 was the cheapest I could find with shipping. Other than that I couldn't find many places to get them or shipped for that matter. Unless you have an idea who I can contact.?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rails are in original condition, never refinished. Im not sure which castings I have. Thanks for the response though.

and when I looked into it before I think 1200 was the cheapest I could find with shipping. Other than that I couldn't find many places to get them or shipped for that matter. Unless you have an idea who I can contact.?
Who quoted you?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one was in California. im in mass, and I cant remember where the other 2 are but im sure I have it in email, I know I contacted Brunswick also
Freight from out of state is going to kill you. Try Mark 860-627-8494. He's in Connecticut and has a ton of Gold Crown parts.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As for a little more information. The table is sanded down to bare wood. Pockets and feet and ball counter are powder coated. Great condition pockets. Drop and return ones. Drop are original and not in wonderful shape.

Just look for a cheap Brunswick 9ft for sale, buy it cheap, keep the slate, throw the table away.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member

Pictures please.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
you are right , the bolts obviously line up correctly!!!!

Where that stops:

the pockets are cut different on the gc1 & 2 slates.

you can tell just by how beveled the slate shelf is. the frame hangs out a lil bit on the side pocket, un-naturally. it "works" but as i said t aint exact. Not arguing with you , you are wrong and that is it. AHAHAHAHAAHA

TFT

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Where that stops:

you can tell just by how beveled the slate shelf is. the frame hangs out a lil bit on the side pocket, un-naturally. it "works" but as i said t aint exact. Not arguing with you , you are wrong and that is it. AHAHAHAHAAHA

TFT
Early 3's had sloped pocket shelfs too, but nothing you mentioned has anything to do with interchangeably, does it? As that was the original question from the OP!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Where that stops:

TFT
Read post 12! Don't have a damn thing to do with right or wrong!!