Places to play in VA

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Besides the one Gabriel 5x10 at Q-Masters in Virginia Beach, are there any other places with 3 cushion tables in Virginia. I know there used to be some places to play in Richmond (Side Pockets and Playing Field) but they closed long ago. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in northern va and I can only play in...baltimore:angry:.

There is a place in Annandale, va, but it is 8'os tables.

I believe hi-cue in Arlington, va has a 10 and some 8'ers too, all I heated though.

The best place in nVa was myong dong billiard, a Korean joint with all 8 a and a nice 10'er, but I went by a year or so ago, doors were locked and mailbox stuffed/ overflowing. Shame, the folks there were very friendly and all wanted to play the white guy. Place was always packed too.

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Thanks for the info BB. I've heard there's a place in Richmond off Horsepen Rd that has a billiard table. Don't know if it's a Chinese place or what. I guess I'm gonna go for a little ride this weekend and see what I can find. It's too bad there aren't other places around these parts. I love the game :(

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info BB. I've heard there's a place in Richmond off Horsepen Rd that has a billiard table. Don't know if it's a Chinese place or what. I guess I'm gonna go for a little ride this weekend and see what I can find. It's too bad there aren't other places around these parts. I love the game :(

Pleas do share what you find out. I like that game too.

Edit- damn, I was just there last weekend, about 3 mi off 64/250 and I needed to kill 2hrs. 3c would have been more fun than what I did!

Last edited:

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
I will definitely let you know. I'm gonna take a ride and try to find the play this weekend. I'd much rather play 3c than anything else. But 1 hole is getting closer since I can't find a table. Let me know the next time you're in the area. We can hit some.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will definitely let you know. I'm gonna take a ride and try to find the play this weekend. I'd much rather play 3c than anything else. But 1 hole is getting closer since I can't find a table. Let me know the next time you're in the area. We can hit some.

I looked on the internet and didn't come up with anything other than Dave& busters, in the area...but you prob knew that.

Keep us pestered, err, posted.

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
I looked on the internet and didn't come up with anything other than Dave& busters, in the area...but you prob knew that.

Keep us pestered, err, posted.

Yeah I knew that. While I'm not too familiar with the area (originally from Hampton Roads area), I'm getting better.

Well....I took a drive last night and found the place. It's called Cafe Bida. It's off Rigsby Road near Horsepen Rd. They were closed by the time I got there. But they have 3 3c tables. I could only peek from the windows. Couldn't tell what kind of tables they were. Didn't look like Gabriels or Verhoevens. And don't look heated either. But it's a start. I'm going to stop by there today and see what's up. Right now....I'm just excited to have found a table in my area. Been jonesing for a while to play. I'll let you know. Mike

Last edited:

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Well BB, I went there yesterday. The 3 tables are 10' Gandys. Old green felt. Rails were very mushy. And dog slow. Balls were new and nicely polished tho. I played for about an hour by myself. It was better than not playing at all. When I rolled in there, it was like a scene from a movie except the music didn't stop. The place was full of Asians. There were some old fellas and one old gal playing mahjong in one corner. A group playing cards in another corner. Some were just sitting there watching the soccer match on tv. A couple on laptops. I walked in and all the banter and talking stopped. Everyone looked at me like I was the new sheriff in Blazing Saddles. I asked the lady at the counter if I could play. She handed me the balls and said pic a table. I started shooting some practice shots to get a feel of the rails and speed of the table. A couple of the older guys eyed me for a while. Then I just started hitting some shots and then the banter started back up. Kinda funny. Even though I'm half Asian, I don't speak the language and have no idea what they were saying. But I could tell the topic of conversation was about me from the looks...haha. I only stayed for an hour and then went over to Diamond Billiards to play some one-pocket. BTW...table time is $14 an hour.

On the table next to me, there were about 10 guys playing some game I'm not familiar with. I'm going to ask about it on the forum but maybe you know what it is. It's obviously a betting game. They had the standard red, white, and yellow balls on the table. But there were little wooden pegs at various positions on the table. Some up against the rails. Some in various spots in the middle. Some were single pegs and others were double pegs. They were keeping score of some type. I don't know if they were trying to hit the balls without hitting the pegs or vice versa. Do you know what this game is?