Plano, TX

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know where to find some friendly action in Plano, TX? I'm working there all next week and will be working there once a week, every month, and would love to find some $10-20/game one pocket after normal 9-5 work hours - if that exists.

Any recommendation would be appreciated - or advice. I've done research on previous threads, but pool halls close, and I noticed Hawleys had some shooting recently, so trying to ensure I stay in the normal halls.

Joe T

Anyone know where to find some friendly action in Plano, TX? I'm working there all next week and will be working there once a week, every month, and would love to find some $10-20/game one pocket after normal 9-5 work hours - if that exists.

Any recommendation would be appreciated - or advice. I've done research on previous threads, but pool halls close, and I noticed Hawleys had some shooting recently, so trying to ensure I stay in the normal halls.
Was only there briefly but Rack Daddy's looked okay and did talk with some real pool players of multiple levels during the day; http://www.rackdaddysdallas.com/
A little further south is the Billiard Den was okay also;
http://www.thebilliardden.com/
And was at Wizards on a league night, lil more upscale
http://www.wizardssportscafe.com/main/
GL

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You know what they call ordinary people who hang out in pool halls in that town you just mentioned?
Plano pool players. :)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
there's some private places to play as well

The Billiard Den has some action....also CK's on Wednesdays at Skillman Rd just north of 635.....If I'm around we can play $20 One Pocket or there's some other players I know that will play as well.....there's some private places to play as well if you want to bet higher. I can be reached at thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

BryanC

Racking less than you!
Silver Member
Rack Daddy's is just south of George W Bush Tollway on Coit Rd (adjacent to Adventure Landing) and is non-smoking....a big plus for us that play exclusively on the 9' tables. There is always action after 8:00pm or so...
A typical friendly bet is 9-ball, race to 4-5 for $20 per set, but we can accommodate way more or less :) You name it!
See you up there!

BryanC

--Galaxy Note II T889 on Tapatalk 2 & CM10.1x--

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like both the Billiard Den and Rack Daddy's. but every time I leave the Den the first thing i need to do is take a shower to get the smoke off me. If that bothers you, Daddy's is better.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hawleys is fine

Hawleys is fine. I play there regularly and it's not a bad place. It has some shady apartments behind it and I'm sure that's where the undesirables came from but the action is regular and there is now a security patrol outside that the owner of the strip mall put in place for liability reasons. It's probably safer now than ever before. The other places CJ mentioned are good as well. Hawleys just has a neighborhood feel.

BryanC

Racking less than you!
Silver Member
I like both the Billiard Den and Rack Daddy's. but every time I leave the Den the first thing i need to do is take a shower to get the smoke off me. If that bothers you, Daddy's is better.

Agreed.... like diving into a swimming pool-sized ashtray.
If I wanted to start smoking again, I wouldn't even have to buy cigs....just get a table and inhale. :thumbup:

BryanC

--Galaxy Note II T889 on Tapatalk 2 & CM10.1x--