played today for the first time in 2 1/2 months

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Played a little 15 person 8 ball tournament today for the first time since late feb/early march. Just hadn't felt like playing, more into fishing this time of the year. Played one good game all day today, where I got out the way I was supposed to. Still won the tournament easily enough, but was nice to at least get one game done just perfectly.

Now I feel like playing again, kinda want to start playing again right now. Of course I have no idea why I'm telling you any of this, but what the hell its late and I'm bored.
 
Played a little 15 person 8 ball tournament today for the first time since late feb/early march. Just hadn't felt like playing, more into fishing this time of the year. Played one good game all day today, where I got out the way I was supposed to. Still won the tournament easily enough, but was nice to at least get one game done just perfectly.

Now I feel like playing again, kinda want to start playing again right now. Of course I have no idea why I'm telling you any of this, but what the hell its late and I'm bored.

That sounds familiar...

When I started writing my billiards column for the Examiner.com, I figured Id better at least be PLAYING if Im going to have any credibility.

I used to shoot in the Mesa leagues, and on occasion, go play in some small tourneys, but until a month ago, I had only shot about twice a year for the last 5 years.

Interestingly enough, I have played the last two weeks in a thursday 8-ball tourney, and won both times. (Not a whole lot of players 7 the first week, and 10 last Thursday).

What I found was... I still have the fundamentals, but the touch is rusty...ie, ball control. Like you, I shot a couple of games really well, and then in the others, played well enough to capitalize when they made mistakes late in the games.

Fun though. :)

Argonath
 
Hey Joe, Im back home now! You know I dont gamble, but if you make it over my way Ill play you some. Or, if I make it over your way, we can go over and hit some with bnall. Glad to see you back in the game bud. Ill be seeing ya...




Joe
 
Hey Joe, Im back home now! You know I dont gamble, but if you make it over my way Ill play you some. Or, if I make it over your way, we can go over and hit some with bnall. Glad to see you back in the game bud. Ill be seeing ya...

Joe

Bnall uses his kids to shark you. I do need to go over to his house though, going to talk him into putting a tip on one my shafts because I'm feeling too lazy to do it myself. And of course he has a lathe and I don't *l*.

Are they still running the 9ball T on saturdays?
 
Bnall uses his kids to shark you. I do need to go over to his house though, going to talk him into putting a tip on one my shafts because I'm feeling too lazy to do it myself. And of course he has a lathe and I don't *l*.

Are they still running the 9ball T on saturdays?

Yea, but the number of players has went down. Theres a bar that started a saturday 9 ball tourney that took a lot of the players away.


Joe
 
Both of you need to come over and play some. I have $56 to gamble with. :D
 
Played a little 15 person 8 ball tournament today for the first time since late feb/early march. Just hadn't felt like playing, more into fishing this time of the year. Played one good game all day today, where I got out the way I was supposed to. Still won the tournament easily enough, but was nice to at least get one game done just perfectly.

Now I feel like playing again, kinda want to start playing again right now. Of course I have no idea why I'm telling you any of this, but what the hell its late and I'm bored.

Nice to hear ya won, cuz your ballclub sure CAN'T!! :p

Sorry, a Cards fan has to poke fun every now and then....especially since I'm WAY outnumbered (percentage wise) here in Peoria. Cubbies' fans :confused: lol.

in case you lost track...rings for every finger (including thumbs) in the last 100 years, you?? :p
 
That's cold rusty, where'e the love. Good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue, and all that other stuff (lol). Once a Cub fan, always a Cub fan. Leave the dark side rusty, come on over.
 
Nice to hear ya won, cuz your ballclub sure CAN'T!! :p

Sorry, a Cards fan has to poke fun every now and then....especially since I'm WAY outnumbered (percentage wise) here in Peoria. Cubbies' fans :confused: lol.

in case you lost track...rings for every finger (including thumbs) in the last 100 years, you?? :p

Damn I come here to forget how bad they suck..thanks for the reminder.
 
Back
Top