Silver Member

Attachments

• FE1BC9EC-F25C-42AC-9C78-AD3B925BCDB3.jpeg
    FE1BC9EC-F25C-42AC-9C78-AD3B925BCDB3.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 86

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
90 percent of people in pool who are in it to make money do little to support the game.

Corporations do nothing out of the goodness of their hearts. It's all for the almighty dollar.

Pool doesnt have a significant fan base to sell a tournament production to. You can't run a tournament and expect to make enough off it. Only ones doing well are the big promoters, amateur leagues and big manufacturers.

As it is pro pool supports under a half dozen American pros. That's lessened by the influx of young foreign talent and our inability to produce high level players.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I worked the IT department of a big company for 35 years, non union, but all the employees in the manufacturing plants were union. When they went on strike the office workers had to cross the picket lines to work in the plants. Not pretty at times!
That's is why the term Union has to be dropped. Assosation, organizion, players group you name it. Say union to some people and they stop listening.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
90 percent of people in pool who are in it to make money do little to support the game.

Corporations do nothing out of the goodness of their hearts. It's all for the almighty dollar.

Pool doesnt have a significant fan base to sell a tournament production to. You can't run a tournament and expect to make enough off it. Only ones doing well are the big promoters, amateur leagues and big manufacturers.

As it is pro pool supports under a half dozen American pros. That's lessened by the influx of young foreign talent and our inability to produce high level players.

Plus all the Big Pool Fish who run 7 or 8 different leagues or group do noting about working with anyone else. It kill or be killed. Not any working together.

We had same 🐂💩 locally with Bar Owner who would run comparative tournaments on same day on weekend. Bars being 5 or 6 miles apart. Bright had his turn out, but refused to coordinate events for different Saturdays.

Rusty in Montana

If you were to listen to the interview with SVB he even mentions how difficult it can be to make a living as a pool player and how it's even tougher if your just starting out .

Better prize money with a few perks would go a long way , once again I'll bring up the PRCA after all season ordering across the country they go to the NFR / National Finals Rodeo where they compete in front of sold out crowds for 10 nights in a row competing for well over $ 10,000.00 for 1st place in the round then for an average at the end where it's possible they can pocket over $240,000.00 in that short period of time .

But as with the last time I mentioned this no one had any thoughts .

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plus all the Big Pool Fish who run 7 or 8 different leagues or group do noting about working with anyone else. It kill or be killed. Not any working together.

We had same 🐂💩 locally with Bar Owner who would run comparative tournaments on same day on weekend. Bars being 5 or 6 miles apart. Bright had his turn out, but refused to coordinate events for different Saturdays.
My competitor put his tournament and hour before mine with free spaghetti. Ours had run for 3 years. Then he offered free pool to lure my old timers on days. Now, just a few months later, he jacked his prices and I'm only open weekends.

Pool goes nowhere with douchbags like that. Plus pool players are notoriously cheap and shortsighted.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I highly doubt they'd have an emergency meeting just for that .

Fedor should hire an attorney. CSI and Matchroom's prohibition on Russian players runs afoul of federal anti-discrimination laws. It's why you haven't seen real professions (like any other professional sport, including the NHL) ban Russians. Semi-pro golf went through this in the 50s/60s when many tournaments tried to ban african-american players. CSI/Matchroom are just following what the WPA says, who is just following the IOC, but that's not a legal defense.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If you were to listen to the interview with SVB he even mentions how difficult it can be to make a living as a pool player and how it's even tougher if your just starting out .

Better prize money with a few perks would go a long way , once again I'll bring up the PRCA after all season ordering across the country they go to the NFR / National Finals Rodeo where they compete in front of sold out crowds for 10 nights in a row competing for well over $ 10,000.00 for 1st place in the round then for an average at the end where it's possible they can pocket over $240,000.00 in that short period of time .

But as with the last time I mentioned this no one had any thoughts .
Just like rodeo, pool has major perks for the elite. Matchroom produces four invitationals that give the elite a free roll at some very substantial extra earnings in the Premier League Pool event, the World Pool Masters, the World Cup of Pool and of course, the Mosconi Cup. These events combine to provide the elite players with over $500,000 in additional prize money. For example, Josh Filler made $67,500 extra prize money in 2021 from these four events alone.

Sadly, to my knowledge, no American event producer is producing invitational events like these.

Rusty in Montana

I understand it wouldn't be a simple undertaking but possible for pool to grow in popularity and prize money .
Back to the interview with Shane one set of rules would be helpful also .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My competitor put his tournament and hour before mine with free spaghetti. Ours had run for 3 years. Then he offered free pool to lure my old timers on days. Now, just a few months later, he jacked his prices and I'm only open weekends.

Pool goes nowhere with douchbags like that. Plus pool players are notoriously cheap and shortsighted.

Had party or room owner respected each other both could do a tournament a week or two apart. Then both businesses would have prospered.

Same 🐂💩🐂💩 with 7 or more different leagues having same pool of player to draw from. People move, then move again, and it is benefiting no one.

Maybe next time your competitor should offer free lap dances from Stormy Daniels. Might be intresting tournament.😃

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully Charlie Williams won't be involved. But on a serious note, Predator has put a lot of sponsorships out there and I believe they are doing good things to try and better the sport. I just hope the players don't shoot themselves in the foot and predator takes their tour and goes home.