Players from The Hustlers reality show - what are they doing now?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the concept of the Fargo Ratings, but not the details. I assume the list above is current. It doesn't necessarily indicate that the players are currently active, does it?
And in my opinion, that's a negative consequence of fargo.

It discourages people from returning to the game, if they have been away.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who does lol not the sponsors. he isn’t getting comped because nobody cares who he is lol
I more than strongly doubt svb pays for his own lodging and transportation to the high profile events.

I bet he can get reimbursed or his contracts specify how travel related expenses factor into the agreed compensation.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe not, but he is a 714 atm, but with only a little over 200 rated games, so who knows lol.
Even with not a huge number of games if you are that high, you are a good player. No one is rated that high by accident unless you happen to have only like 10 games in and you get some very lucky rolls against a pro. I have seen a B player have Immonen on the ropes in a race to 7, but he lost in the end. If he won and that was his only Fargo rated match for example, that guy would have been an 800 LOL

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
That's part of the reason why I asked. I was wondering how many of them have moved on to other things, including more career responsibility or family obligations, and how many are still heavily involved in pool.

Some are still active in the NYC pool scene (Greg, Gary). Greg played at the last Turningstone. Some returned back to their day jobs. You can find Emily and Jennifer on the Women's Pro tour. Jennifer is the owner of Skyline Biilliards in Brooklyn. Smiley and Borana are married and raising kids. Maybe they'll come back out to compete after the kids are old enough to be left at home.

Scott Simonetti moved to Las Vegas. I was talking with him at the last BCA Expo in March. Manny is still at Steinway, and I heard it's going to close next January. So, that would be the end of an era.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some are still active in the NYC pool scene (Greg, Gary). Greg played at the last Turningstone. Some returned back to their day jobs. You can find Emily and Jennifer on the Women's Pro tour. Jennifer is the owner of Skyline Biilliards in Brooklyn. Smiley and Borana are married and raising kids. Maybe they'll come back out to compete after the kids are old enough to be left at home.

Scott Simonetti moved to Las Vegas. I was talking with him at the last BCA Expo in March. Manny is still at Steinway, and I heard it's going to close next January. So, that would be the end of an era.

I keep hearing talks of Steinway closing. Landowners raising prices or is the owner ready to move on?