Players HXT cue

barboxbanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After some research and browsing these forums I recently decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Players HXT99 cue to test drive, which is pictured below.

hxt99.jpg

Upon opening the package and pulling the cue out, to my surprise I was very impressed. The finish on the cue is excellent, no bubbles, divots etc.. The shaft was extremely smooth and rolled dead nuts straight, as well as the butt. The Irish linen wrap was also finished very well, no snags, lumps etc..

As most of you know the HXT line of Players cue comes standard with their new HXT shaft tipped with a Kamui soft. I was optimistic about this shaft to begin with since it can be purchased for $80 by it-self. After putting almost 36 hours of play on this shaft my optimism is gone and I am now a believer. To say the least, I sold my 314-2 and will be buying this shaft for all my cues. The feel and play of this shaft just seems more alive than any Predator shaft I have used. Topped off with a Kamui soft just throws it over the top. After HUNDREDS of repeated shots with both shafts I found myself more understanding of the HXT playability more-so than my 314-2 which I have been playing with for more than a year now.

If you have an extra $80 to spend, or even an extra $100, pick up a Players HXT shaft/cue. I don't care if you're an advanced player or a beginner. Ignore the fact that it's considered a "cheap" brand and pick this shaft up, it's worth double for what it's being sold.

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can agree to some extent, I had a players hxt cue and loved the way it played.
I use a g-core now and can say I feel more in control, but the hxt is a great choice.
Im sure once I have some expendable funds I will pick up another for sure.
Glad you like it and hope it does right by you.

LuckedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the HXT shaft in a 3/8-10 for my older "93 McDermott. It fit well with only a very slight reveal of the butt.

I'm very impressed. As stated very straight, nice finish and super player. By far the best bang for the buck out there.
I bought this for the shaft but staying for the tip too. I've never played with Kamui tip but the combo of this tip on this shaft gives great feel and super spin.

Best deal going in a real player's cue for what.........a little over a hundred bucks?....DEAL:smile:

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shot with the hxt break cue down SBE and I couldn't miss..and yes it had a phenolic tip on it. I like the hard hit of it, I'm thinking abt buying one..Seemed like really good quality.

fhopper

I like Points
Silver Member
I am very impressed with my E10 HXT and it is a classic stick. I also have bought an HXT shaft for another stick.

web.jpg
web.jpg

barboxbanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very impressed with my E10 HXT and it is a classic stick. I also have bought an HXT shaft for another stick.
I almost picked up this one instead just because of the classic looks but I was worried the wood was too red, but in your pictures it looks pretty good.

fhopper

I like Points
Silver Member
Thank you, I think it is the best buy I have made in the last several months...
McDermotts:
D17 Tribute
M12L
M33A
M61L
G226
K91C
Vikings:
F82
HR Tribute
Players:
Coco Sneaky
KU
HXTE10

Of them all the E10 was the best stick for the money; and beautiful, I would play with it anywhere.

But back to the OP's point, the HXT shaft is a lot of shaft for the money and the Kamui Blk S is sweet.

fhopper

I like Points
Silver Member
That is what my wife says... but I am done... really... it is sailing season now and the trucks bring sailing toys until Halloween. LOL

I just got a table two months ago and have not played in years, I needed some sticks for the room, I was trying to get a selection that would please people who cared and have some sticks I could hand people who haven't a clue... Know what I mean?

Sgtkillmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After doing some research and reading your review I decided to get one of these shafts for my fury. It's my first after market shaft so I don't have much to compare with although I have used predator z shaft and an I-2 shaft before. I like it a lot, it has good action, lots of spin, I found it very stiff and it did reduce deflection but not like an ob or predator. Overall I like it alot. :thumbup:

Ak47Rush

hehe

Hy guys, i am new on this forum, new registered user only :) now i really need to buy this cue, i look at this beauty for some time i don't know what to do, not the moneys was my problem, just the distance :) i am from Romania and this cue have to travel some time before he can arrive to me, but now when i am reading this reviews i need to have it, sorry my bad english is my second language thanks guys and nice breaks and runs :)

RThomas82

vegas bound!!!!
Silver Member
I just bought one of these so I can send my cameron to get refinished and to fix my butt cap and like many have said I was suprised on the hit of the cue. I may make this my league cue so my cameron doesnt get dinged up or stolen. I bought my complete cue for 110 but if my wife asks I won it in a raffle. lol

Bill Yerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought one of these so I can send my cameron to get refinished and to fix my butt cap and like many have said I was suprised on the hit of the cue. I may make this my league cue so my cameron doesnt get dinged up or stolen. I bought my complete cue for 110 but if my wife asks I won it in a raffle. lol[/QUOTE
Wise man!

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tryed one yesterday in thoughts of hitting a couple balls and going to
my regular cue.6 hours later I was still playing with it.I know Players
cues are made by Lucasi and I really don't like the dampening stuff in
the butt end.
The one thing for me that I really did like was the Hxt shaft.I felt
it was in between a Predator shaft and a maple shaft.I think it
deflected less than a Ob1 for sure and had great control.Really impressed
to say the least.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Players

Amen. I bought a HXT Shaft to put on Lucasi Bushka Butt I got cheap. This is a good look'n cue and plays fantastic. It's a perfect bar cue, got $160 in it. If it gets kicked over in a bar I might say something, you kick my Barnhart over I'll drill ya. Brian.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
my experience with Players HXT...

on a suggestion from Bill Yerd, http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=279765 i tried a HXT4 - it cost about $100 at that time. I was in sheer amazement - I couldn't believe a cue at that price could be soooooo good.

after that i bought another with the thin 11.75 shaft and a break/jump.

to reflect on some of the many cues i have such as southwest and others, what i consider great cues, i have to admit that these Players HXT's are amazing cues

These do not have the intrinsic artful work of a Hercek, or Szamboti but for the money imho they are Great Cues!

imo, for a small outlay, you can have a Great cue...

all the best,
smokey