Players' List--U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship

SPDR9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see Aranas on the bracket but he is on the players list. I know he went down there to shoot.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see Aranas on the bracket but he is on the players list. I know he went down there to shoot.

He is at the very bottom

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 10.48.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 10.48.00 AM.png
    48 KB · Views: 242

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Near impossible to win title after early loss

Shocking! Top 2 favorites SVB and Wu sent to 1 loss after just 1.5 days of play.
Both lost in Round 2 so how many consecutive matches do they have to win to win title? 13 or 14 matches? SVB lost in Round 4 last year and had to win 10 consecutive to win title. When was last time someone lost in Round 1 or 2 and went on to win? Mika about 10 years ago?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at the bracket, and that is not the case. Both on the B-side, but they have to go very deep to meet up.
Ummm, Ernesto forfeited to Oscar today.

Attachments

• 7E3E6F23-F252-4AB7-8993-C488D1E71C29.jpg
    7E3E6F23-F252-4AB7-8993-C488D1E71C29.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 191

Eurotroll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it unsportive to forfeit because you play your son/friend etc. that has more possibilities to win?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Isn't it unsportive to forfeit because you play your son/friend etc. that has more possibilities to win?

Was thinking the same thing.

I understand why, but they are adults playing in possibly the biggest field ever. Respect the game.
Just sayin
Jason

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where in the world is Mike Dechaine?
Inquiring minds want to know.

He was in the commentary box at the Gotham City event a little over a week ago. He said he wasn't going to the Open (even if he won at Gotham, which he did) basically because of the cost-benefit situation for such a lengthy event.

[It was said that he sells windows now; maybe he just had to work.:wink:]