Please refund the money you owe!!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is so amazing that some of the poster bring my business up, my BBB rating try to make me look like trash, when that is not have anything to do with this post. Mr Summer text this me, I pasted and copy this from the text, these are his words He is saying that he's had problems and that he would pay me back by April 15th, Mr Summers had just done what he said, if I wasn't happy he would refund, if he had just returned my refund, when he told me he would refund my money when he got it again while I asked him when a month, 6 months a year his reply was ,when I have the money you'll get it, as for the jewelry I made, He sent me a picture of what he wanted me to make ,I made a wax first sent him a pic of it and he was happy then I made the final piece I said it would be before Christmas and I delivered. These post can continue back and forth I have apologized for getting angry with Mr Summers, and he accepted my apology, all I can do now is try to take his word again that he will deliver on April 15th.

How does posting this mess on a public internet forum help or benefit you in any way? If you're a business man, handle your issues in private. There are many legal recourses available to you that can be accomplished in private if someone hasn't lived up to their end of a legal agreement. Have some dignity. This is embarrassing.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Brent makes some beautiful and interesting cues, hope he doesn't stop.

That said, I have some products for sale if anyone is interested, if you don't like for any reason, I'll refund you in 2023

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is so amazing that some of the poster bring my business up, my BBB rating try to make me look like trash, when that is not have anything to do with this post. Mr Summer text this me, I pasted and copy this from the text, these are his words He is saying that he's had problems and that he would pay me back by April 15th, Mr Summers had just done what he said, if I wasn't happy he would refund, if he had just returned my refund, when he told me he would refund my money when he got it again while I asked him when a month, 6 months a year his reply was ,when I have the money you'll get it, as for the jewelry I made, He sent me a picture of what he wanted me to make ,I made a wax first sent him a pic of it and he was happy then I made the final piece I said it would be before Christmas and I delivered. These post can continue back and forth I have apologized for getting angry with Mr Summers, and he accepted my apology, all I can do now is try to take his word again that he will deliver on April 15th.

My God! You own a business and this is how you choose to resolve an issue with another business? This was entirely to bully and embarrass the guy. Wonder how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Pathetic!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for my post from Mr Summers why I posted this was he is agreeing with what I said a few post a go, almost word for word, I've said my piece and I did not want to start this post in the beginning, I will wait till April 15th if nothing changes I'll give my comments then thank you all for your support and negative comments. thanks. P.S. some of my texts to Mr Summers was also posted in above post whether or not he explained it or not.

I have a simple question. You are asking for a refund of $2,800. Did you pay $2,800 in cash plus some jewelry you valued at $1,200 or did you pay $1,600 in cash plus some jewelry valued at $1,200?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think I might be the only person not bothered by Hoppecopy's last post, see he has been negged into oblivion. LoL

Though I'll catch the flack of AZ for this.

As a businessman, if you don't take care of stuff, people will put you on blast, it's not rocket science. Having to ask for postage to ship out a cue isn't good business, does anyone disagree???

I am not a cold hearted asshole(just an asshole)I have some health problems myself, and I have a close family member with epilepsy who has grand mal seizures.

that said if I had put someone on block that I owe money to, all bets are off for them to put me on blast. Personal information would never had been posted either stupidly or maliciously had this been resolved sooner.

Don't offer refunds if you have no money in your account, don't spend someone's deposit in full until they have received their cue and are happy.

I think it's unfortunate the the OP didn't just pay cash, I wouldn't trade with people for products just because of this type of situation.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A business transaction should not be considered "closed" until both parties are satisfied. You receive money and ship an item? That money should be set aside until you know your customer is satisfied with the product before you consider it "yours". If he's not, give him or her their money back and go on with life. Live by that rule and it'll be smooth sailing.

On the other hand, if you have a business issue with someone - fighting or blasting them on the internet is not the way to handle it.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Summers absorbed all the slings and arrows without complaint, even apologized. In the custom build business, isn't accepting a return after modifying correctly to customer specs rather unusual? I say kudos to Mr. Summers for even offering a refund, not matter if it was a cash flow problem for him. They had a deal; Summers had no reason to expect having to provide a full refund, not for defects that were fixable.

The initial complaint was about final finishing, wrap and buffing out scratches IIRC, not the basic build, and was something that Summers could have fixed had the buyer really wanted to keep the cue.

Therefore it looks to me like buyers remorse, because adding the barbells that Hoppecopy (Roy) specified changed the flow of the cue's design, made it plainly something with common elements instead of being quite distinctive, quite B. Summers.

Why would a buyer not simply want to get the cue's final finish up to snuff, instead of demanding a refund? He had already benefited from not having to pay cash in full, instead trading work for work for the addition of the (ugly) barbells.

But if he gets his $2823 full cash refund by Apr 15, and lets Summers keep the supposedly $1200 jewelry for the barbell work, maybe hoppecopy will apologize for even bringing this to AZ where it did not belong in the first place, since the refund had been agreed upon, just not yet received.

The final deal today, were I Mr. Summers, would be "OK you'll get your refund after I sell this cue for the amount of cash I need for your refund, leaving out the jewelry since that was bartered work. Now that you've changed the cue's design to 'Dumbell Cue by Roy' instead of a genuine B. Summers, selling it for $2800 will take whatever time it takes."

I say score 10 for Mr Summers, 0 for Old Roy; but I would not blame Summers if even at this late date he changed his mind and said "Roy, what wrap do you want, I'll fix it up real nice, because I'm gonna just send you your customized cue back, and I'll even pay the postage, you bought it, it's yours, if you don't like it go pound sand and wail all over the internet to your heart's content."

p.s. Did you ever wonder why retail jewelry sellers buy an advertising campaign to promote selling their wares at 50% off? They do it once, twice, sometimes four times a year. I don't believe that jewelry was worth anywhere near $1200 retail, maybe $600 tops, probably less, since they were bartering even, wholesale custom for wholesale custom, work and materials. I don't need to see the piece to say that, just a customer's awareness of ordinary retail jewelry pricing. Mr. Summers should take that piece to a manufacturing jeweler and get a real wholesale price before he sends off a refund, if any. He may have done $1200 worth of cue customization for a $100 piece of common jewelry, how the heck would he know, jewelry isn't his core business.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Mr. Summers absorbed all the slings and arrows without complaint, even apologized. In the custom build business, isn't accepting a return after modifying correctly to customer specs rather unusual? I say kudos to Mr. Summers for even offering a refund, not matter if it was a cash flow problem for him. They had a deal; Summers had no reason to expect having to provide a full refund, not for defects that were fixable.

The initial complaint was about final finishing, wrap and buffing out scratches IIRC, not the basic build, and was something that Summers could have fixed had the buyer really wanted to keep the cue.

Therefore it looks to me like buyers remorse, because adding the barbells that Hoppecopy (Roy) specified changed the flow of the cue's design, made it plainly something with common elements instead of being quite distinctive, quite B. Summers.

Why would a buyer not simply want to get the cue's final finish up to snuff, instead of demanding a refund? He had already benefited from not having to pay cash in full, instead trading work for work for the addition of the (ugly) barbells.

But if he gets his $2823 full cash refund by Apr 15, and lets Summers keep the supposedly $1200 jewelry for the barbell work, maybe hoppecopy will apologize for even bringing this to AZ where it did not belong in the first place, since the refund had been agreed upon, just not yet received.

The final deal today, were I Mr. Summers, would be "OK you'll get your refund after I sell this cue for the amount of cash I need for your refund, leaving out the jewelry since that was bartered work. Now that you've changed the cue's design to 'Dumbell Cue by Roy' instead of a genuine B. Summers, selling it for $2800 will take whatever time it takes."

I say score 10 for Mr Summers, 0 for Old Roy; but I would not blame Summers if even at this late date he changed his mind and said "Roy, what wrap do you want, I'll fix it up real nice, because I'm gonna just send you your customized cue back, and I'll even pay the postage, you bought it, it's yours, if you don't like it go pound sand and wail all over the internet to your heart's content."

p.s. Did you ever wonder why retail jewelry sellers buy an advertising campaign to promote selling their wares at 50% off? They do it once, twice, sometimes four times a year. I don't believe that jewelry was worth anywhere near $1200 retail, maybe $600 tops, probably less, since they were bartering even, wholesale custom for wholesale custom, work and materials. I don't need to see the piece to say that, just a customer's awareness of ordinary retail jewelry pricing. Mr. Summers should take that piece to a manufacturing jeweler and get a real wholesale price before he sends off a refund, if any. He may have done $1200 worth of cue customization for a $100 piece of common jewelry, how the heck would he know, jewelry isn't his core business.

Enjoy the "Green". :clapping:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lmao. Cue construction topics in the main forum barely get 2 pages. Problems with a Cue maker? ENDLESS.
WHERE'S the real state of mind on AZ.
THAT'S PATHETIC!

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Still not clear the OP even actually sent said jewelry in the fist place, really danced around that part of it, but in the long run totally agree with the above.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why people that have these issues don't just go show up at the guy's house with a coupla buddies and politely "ask" where his merchandise or his money is. If you got ripped off, put this dude on blast, picket outside his place of business...poop in his cheerios...just seems whining on a forum is less productive than some believe.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why people that have these issues don't just go show up at the guy's house with a coupla buddies and politely "ask" where his merchandise or his money is. If you got ripped off, put this dude on blast, picket outside his place of business...poop in his cheerios...just seems whining on a forum is less productive than some believe.

Because normal people who have families and jobs don’t want to goto jail.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

How'd that work out for OJ?

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you're curious to see the extent of the customization ordered by Mr. Roy, the attached pictures are the cue as it was originally built. The last picture is with the changes.

Attachments

• Brent Summers - 4 - DELETE.jpg
    Brent Summers - 4 - DELETE.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Brent Summers - 2 - DELETE.jpg
    Brent Summers - 2 - DELETE.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 359
  • Brent Summers - 1 - DELETE.jpg
    Brent Summers - 1 - DELETE.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 355
  • Brent Summers_-_6_-_delete.jpg
    Brent Summers_-_6_-_delete.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 354

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll ask again. OP wants $2,800 returned. Did he pay $2,800 in cash plus $1.200 value in jewelry or did he pay $1,600 in cash plus $1,200 value in jewelry.

It it's the latter then this was a slick way to sell a guy some jewelry. The mark up on jewelry is notoriously huge.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're curious to see the extent of the customization ordered by Mr. Roy, the attached pictures are the cue as it was originally built. The last picture is with the changes.
I like the original waaaaaaaaaaay better personally.