Please...

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This reminds me of a time that me and a buddy were on the elevator at the Executive West. Alex P gets on the elevator, and my buddy was a little star struck. Alex breaks the silence by looking at my buddy and telling him (with a straight face) "I've turned two of my backers into millionaires." My buddy said something like "Wow!" Alex finishes by saying "Yeah, they used to be billionaires".

No billionaire in their right mind would donate to our "sport".

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This reminds me of a time that me and a buddy were on the elevator at the Executive West. Alex P gets on the elevator, and my buddy was a little star struck. Alex breaks the silence by looking at my buddy and telling him (with a straight face) "I've turned two of my backers into millionaires." My buddy said something like "Wow!" Alex finishes by saying "Yeah, they used to be billionaires".

Well as I said to gentleman yesterday if I was young loved Pool, I would switch to PGA. Get Tour Card, as most PGAEve nuts pay like First Place $1,000,000.00, and most Tour Pro's have sponsor who cover expenses. Finish in top 25, pay day is like $25K.

Alex must need backers, or he would not have them. Sad story is many great Pool player die broke.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m surprised that more of the top pool players haven’t tried their hand at snooker.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well as I said to gentleman yesterday if I was young loved Pool, I would switch to PGA. Get Tour Card, as most PGAEve nuts pay like First Place $1,000,000.00, and most Tour Pro's have sponsor who cover expenses. Finish in top 25, pay day is like $25K.

Alex must need backers, or he would not have them. Sad story is many great Pool player die broke.
Has it crossed your mind that it's pretty difficult to get your PGA tour card?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing a little devils advocate here because there's always more than 1 side of the story: The guy makes 70K, on the books and who knows how much gambling, a year playing pool and comes from a country where that would allow him to live like a king.

Maybe snooker players are overpaid?

I do think pool players should get paid more, just looking at it from the other side also ;)

Reactions: Pin

middleofnowhere

Registered
Can we get a billionaire to fix our sport PLEASE!!!!
The answer in no. Pool had one some time ago. He loved pool. Was close friends with some pros. He used to come in my pool room. I could never imagine why he would even be hanging around with us.

His business was TV. Ever hear on Oprah show. His show, as well as some of the most popular games shows on TV. He had no interest in doing anything with pool. If there was a dime to be made in pool someone would be doing it.

How about Joe Rogan, I don't see him doing anything. You are asking for charity.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And why would they ?

We do not have one set of rules
We do not have a dress code
We do not have a single sized table to play on
We play games the audience does not comprehend

And if we had all of the above fixed, we would still want to bet on each other and the games in general; contrary to the general rules of sportsmanship.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And why would they ?

We do not have one set of rules
We do not have a dress code
We do not have a single sized table to play on
We play games the audience does not comprehend

And if we had all of the above fixed, we would still want to bet on each other and the games in general; contrary to the general rules of sportsmanship.
And dumping and back room deals would ruin it.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Millions of dollars with no structural changes to the game will leave us back where we started in short order. We need a clear vision and action plan more than we need millions of dollars to create a facade of success.