Polishing a Turd

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Now, one should understand that the ring work on these shafts might lead one to believe they might be from a known US maker. But I knew what they were, and they were original Mizerak Taiwan made shafts.
First time i've seen this thread, and you're right, if this picture was on ebay under the title "pair of vintage shafts, unknown maker, Szam, Bushka...etc" they would probably fetch a premium. Thats a really cool looking cue. It kind of makes you think about the Miz cue/s that went over seas and the ones that came here from overseas.

Attachments

• shafts.jpg
    shafts.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 163

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the first two lines of the OP and nothing else. My cue is from Taiwan. Awaiting OP's response.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forget polishing, apparently rolling them in glitter is the way to go...

That's a nice cue, if it plays well and looks as good as it does, then who cares where it came from (unless you're just into the research), refreshing to read about someone not blindly indulging in brand snobbery. Good post :)

I am a research nut, by profession, and by nature. I love chasing the information.

It was Mizerak's involvement with these cues that got me interested, I am a big Miz fan.

When I found out there was a line of cues that were better than the Mizerak cues sold in department stores, I became more intrigued. Then I found out about The Cobra Professional line and Harold Miller.

One thing led to another....