Pool and Billiard Terms in Spanish

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m looking for a list of pool words in Spanish. Any ideas where to look? Thanks in advance.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played 3C several times in Mexico and you can get by with just a few words:

Play some? -- Jugamos?
A game? -- Un juego?
How many points? -- Cuantos puntos?
Black or white? -- Negro o blanco?
Good shot -- Buen tiro!
Thank you -- Gracias

At least at the room I've played at, if someone asks you to play it is assumed the loser will pay time, which is really not a big deal because table time is relatively inexpensive. The only other oddity I've seen is that to begin a game you choose black or white and the other guy throws all three down the table and whichever one comes back closest to the rail has won the lag. 25 points is the usual game.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, is the area of a pool table above the headstring referred to as "la cocina"?

With the exception of one memorable evening a few years ago, I haven't played in pool in Mexico just 3C so I dan't know:

Here's my last 3C expedition.

Lou Figueroa

Pool Hand Luke

Pelota ocho, 8 ball.
Pelota nueve, 9 ball.
Pelota diese, 10 ball.
May have spelled some wrong, but you get the idea.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must know these : Coño, culo y tetas! Never touch them with out encouragement, permission or paying first!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played 3C several times in Mexico and you can get by with just a few words:

Play some? -- Jugamos?
A game? -- Un juego?
How many points? -- Cuantos puntos?
Black or white? -- Negro o blanco?
Good shot -- Buen tiro!
Thank you -- Gracias

At least at the room I've played at, if someone asks you to play it is assumed the loser will pay time, which is really not a big deal because table time is relatively inexpensive. The only other oddity I've seen is that to begin a game you choose black or white and the other guy throws all three down the table and whichever one comes back closest to the rail has won the lag. 25 points is the usual game.

Lou Figueroa
That is how the koreans around my zone start the game too.