Pool Ball Collecting.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those with a tendency to tense up or feel the pressure playing the 8 ball during your matches, rack these up with either the reverse white 8 ball or the Austin Powers golden eight ball and play Basic Pocket Billiards for a change. Get used to pocketing those black 8 balls! Typical game rules with the first player to pocket 7 of the black 8 balls in any pocket followed by a legally pocketed (say you chose the Gold 8) game winning 8 ball is declared the victor.

I call this one the KRazy Eight Ball set.

Game on!

978c7aeb930239e1201a6213298277f2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good evening where you're at, Rubik's Cube -- do you have the Vigma Pearls by chance to compare side by side pics? The iridescence in the Geordie Pool balls looks quite nice - consistent anyway from the pic. Especially that cue ball - which may prove to be quite interesting watching it roll around the table under some bright lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening where you're at, Rubik's Cube -- do you have the Vigma Pearls by chance to compare side by side pics? The iridescence in the Geordie Pool balls looks quite nice - consistent anyway from the pic. Especially that cue ball - which may prove to be quite interesting watching it roll around the table under some bright lighting

Alas, I don't have the Vigma Pearls to offer a comparison. I was relying on you to post up a picture! :D

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call this one the KRazy Eight Ball set.
I did something similar years ago and put together a set of eight balls and nine balls to play "stripes and solids" to get used to pocketing 8 balls and 9 balls.

I collected balls for awhile, but for a completely different reason. I got the ugly cheap ones and wanted to cut them in half and use them to "pave" a small patio area - still seems plausible and possible to me to cut them in half and stick them down side by side, then fill between them with a little concrete grout to hold them down. I keep them in a (very) large can that isn't even half full...

I also bought a set to try to entice a friend to play - he never did care and these Vigma balls were used maybe once, so they're on eBay even as we speak:
ebay VIGMA Beach Babes Billiard Ball Set

Attachments

• ballcan2.jpg
    ballcan2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,226
  • canoballs2.jpg
    canoballs2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • balls1 - Copy.jpg
    balls1 - Copy.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,311
Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Many thanks for sharing your photographs, sir. :)

Buying the Beach Babes balls to entice your buddy to the pool table made me chuckle, I have visions of your friend being Glenn Quagmire.

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
Sorry to interrupt (love the pictures), but I was thinking about playing with 21 balls last week and was wondering how they break and if the table ends up being too cluttered with that many balls on the table. It seems like it would be fun to play rotation with that many balls. Is it as fun as I imagine or a PIA? Thanks!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Sorry to interrupt (love the pictures), but I was thinking about playing with 21 balls last week and was wondering how they break and if the table ends up being too cluttered with that many balls on the table. It seems like it would be fun to play rotation with that many balls. Is it as fun as I imagine or a PIA? Thanks!

Good evening, sir.

Your fears are justified. The table does appear a tad cluttered with twenty-two balls present, and it can prove tough to break such a weighty rack for some, but it's still a fun diversion nonetheless.

Only one way to find out if it suits your personal taste, of course... go for it! :)

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hello ----

Well, the answer may very well "depend" on what you're used to playing (games) and on what size (table). It's all relative I think.

If we disregard that for a moment, and say you indeed rack 21 balls like this baseball set I'll post again (for reference only), it will definitely force you to change your game play somewhat more along the lines of a straight pool player --- move balls. Nudge balls into a certain position. Fix groups or clumps or clusters. More accurate cue ball "positioning" and les cue ball "travel". Plus, if you did play Baseball with a set of 21 balls, it can add a fun scoring element.

I don't think 21 balls on an 8' table is "too many" and for sure not too many on a 9'.

Try it :)

99363c11e49101cdf8965defcdb66e09.jpg

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
Hello ----

Well, the answer may very well "depend" on what you're used to playing (games) and on what size (table). It's all relative I think.

If we disregard that for a moment, and say you indeed rack 21 balls like this baseball set I'll post again (for reference only), it will definitely force you to change your game play somewhat more along the lines of a straight pool player --- move balls. Nudge balls into a certain position. Fix groups or clumps or clusters. More accurate cue ball "positioning" and les cue ball "travel". Plus, if you did play Baseball with a set of 21 balls, it can add a fun scoring element.

I don't think 21 balls on an 8' table is "too many" and for sure not too many on a 9'.

Try it :)

Thanks to both of you for your replies! After reading the 2nd one, I realized that I've played snooker hundreds of times and even had my own 10' snooker table for a few years. I used to play with the larger pool balls on the snooker table, but never played snooker on the 9' pool table I had at the same time. Now that I just have the 9' table, I can see that having 21 object balls wouldn't be that big of a deal. I think one day soon I will try it. Thanks!

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everybody, great thread.

Is there a set of balls for american pool without the numbers on the balls? Like the 1 would be a solid yellow ball (like the yellow in snooker), the 2 would be a solid blue etc etc, the 9 would be a stripe yellow but without the number etc??

I have notice (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) that I have memorised and I don't need the numbers of the balls for some years now and I was wondering about a set like that, I would imagine it would look "cleaner" than having numbers on them that I don't even need...

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, sir.

I'm pleased you're enjoying the thread. :)

There is indeed the exact set you are seeking available for $69 on Ebay, they're called Prestige balls. Please don't buy up all the stock, though, I'm trying to arrange for a set to be sent to me in England and only 200 were produced.

Kind regards,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Actually, the colours are not exactly matching on the Prestige set. Perhaps a better option, sir, would be to purchase a personalised set of balls from Ozone Billiards and just request that the balls remain blank.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everybody, great thread.

Is there a set of balls for american pool without the numbers on the balls? Like the 1 would be a solid yellow ball (like the yellow in snooker), the 2 would be a solid blue etc etc, the 9 would be a stripe yellow but without the number etc??

I have notice (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) that I have memorised and I don't need the numbers of the balls for some years now and I was wondering about a set like that, I would imagine it would look "cleaner" than having numbers on them that I don't even need...

As RC mentioned already, the Prestige ball set is the unnumbered pool set that would fit the bill. The quality isn't Aramith, but they do play quite nicely for the reasonable offering price AND the gentleman that had those manufactured does a fine, fine job of personalized customer service that I can vouch for personally :)

Here the balls are again striking a pose...

81fb36667a34476e7b938562d2fde9a0.jpg

Last edited:

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonderful looking balls! I wish they had the aramith quality too! I'm so used to the Aramith Pro Cup Tv set and I don't think I could change the quality... If only Aramith accepted custom orders!!!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly understand and know what you mean about getting "used to" certain high-quality balls and the way they play. It's a challenge at times to play with anything (different) having to figure out the small changes in play.

One thing I've discovered as a collector and caretaker of ball sets over the last few years, is that having many different types of balls to actually "play" with has changed my perspective and appreciation for all of the possibility that is out there. Sure there are (sometimes) slight play differences noted with lesser quality and lower priced sets - HOWEVER, if they are kept cleaned and polished with the same materials (say Aramith Ball Cleaner for example) as every other set you own, the enjoyment you will most likely derive from playing and literally experiencing a set that catches your eye or your heart so to speak, will pale in comparison to any other play difference noted. Plus, you will be able to quickly assess and ADJUST to the change you may notice no matter how slight like you do already with things like humidity, tables and even the lighting.

The quality issue will quickly disappear while the smile remains long after. Plus, you will surely appreciate that favorite, high quality ball set of yours even more when you put away the "fun" play sets.

Try it. You'll be glad you did.

K ~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every so often the opportunity (or necessity) arises to have three, four or even five players in on one game. Not GOLF. EIGHT BALL

I know.....I've heard all the arguments. The table is too crowded with balls. Not enjoyable with more than 2 players. I don't like cutthroat games. Who has that many different balls anyway....and so on.

Since when has this game ever been about comfort and boredom I ask? Mix things up a bit and you'll be surprised to find just how such a deceptively simple "game of balls" can bring out nuances and thoughts you never realized you were capable of before playing this way

Mr. Jack Swearman had the same idea when he developed a ball set for just the gaggle of goofballs nutty enough to toss 17, 18 or even 22 balls on the table and make a game of it. Here I present to you the 29 Ball Color Set that Jack had commissioned - complete with it's very own 16-ball diamond rack....and multiple game rules for various players and a few unique games like "Two Ball Colour Wipeout".

69be15cca45340954e548dfdecae60fb.jpg

4af9f37778875b85b25177c0e35556f8.jpg

8fccd1939cfe69d978fd66b1e1534d88.jpg
511f7c6f5da2ae0774bca1d5d48e45e6.jpg

This ball set plays remarkable well when using the Aramith Tournament cue ball or the new Cyclop red dot cue ball I might add. No skids. No sliding. Beauty in motion.

Next, I'll post up some pictures of custom sets I have assembled using only Aramith unnumbered balls for similar games - for those somewhat demanding lads that insist it's either Aramith or nothing.

5 guys playing eight ball - and not using silly cutthroat rules - is something to experience. Especially when you play for $10 per person - or so I've been told.

K

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: