Pool Ball Collecting.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, Branpureza. :)

They appear to be in beautiful condition, sir. Here's wishing you the very best of rolls.

Billiard ball collecting is rather a simple pleasure in today's ever more technological world, but it can prove an interesting and rewarding pastime nonetheless.

Best wishes,
RC.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I'm interested in knowing wether or not a ball set made specifically for straight pool exists, and if so what it looks like?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I'm still a taste off topic but here is an eight ball that doubles as a pencil sharpener:embarrassed2:

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 597

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Ha! I love it, Cuebuddy! :)

I can honestly say that I've never seen its like before. Testament to just how iconic the 8 ball has become and long may it continue.

Best wishes, sir, and many thanks indeed for sharing your photographs.
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I'm interested in knowing wether or not a ball set made specifically for straight pool exists, and if so what it looks like?

You've got me stumped, sir.

I'd be very interested, too, to see such a rare set. Here's hoping somebody out there knows the answer. :)

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Legion Billiard Balls

Hopefully I have attached a picture of a Legion Billiard Ball box. The set in it looks like a standard Aramith set. Are Legion Billiard Balls a line from Aramith?

Attachments

• Legion Billiard Balls.JPG
    Legion Billiard Balls.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 556

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like they are exclusively distributed by Shmelke.

Thanks. Looks like I have a Legion ball box but not a Legion ball set. If I have time later, I will post a pic of the balls and maybe someone will tell me what they are. They look like an Aramith standard set but certain qualities are lacking for Aramith.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have more time than I thought

What ball set is this? The six is not centered at all on the ball and that seems odd for Aramith quality. I haven't given them a good look yet but that was my first observation.

Attachments

• Legion Balls.JPG
    Legion Balls.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 526

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, gentlemen. :)

I trust you're all well.

As you say, Scratch, it seems highly unlikely that Aramith would send out a ball with one of its numbers so off-kilter. My best guess would be one of the myriad Chinese offerings which, although perfectly playable and often excellent, are not quite so strict regards quality control. Sincere thanks for sharing, sir. :)

Here's a rather unusual Jack Daniels ball. The logo is very deep within the ball, apparently sunk about a centimetre below the surface. Apologies, the photographs don't really do it justice.

Best wishes,
RC.

90swnd.jpg

2nsno10.jpg

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And here's his more familiar cousin. :)

15s60ef.jpg

Rubiks, sorry I haven't got those photos to you about the ball set I asked about a little while back. Funny story ( not really for me ) - I was at the property where the balls are ( wasn't there for them but something else ). Anyway I accidentally walked thru a spider Web and got bitten on the face BY A BLACK WIDOW !!!! NO BS! I know because I found the spider on my shoulder a few minutes later and looked it up. And no, not Jeanette Lee, I would have welcomed THAT bite lol. Anyway I will have pics for you within the next few days!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Rubiks, sorry I haven't got those photos to you about the ball set I asked about a little while back. Funny story ( not really for me ) - I was at the property where the balls are ( wasn't there for them but something else ). Anyway I accidentally walked thru a spider Web and got bitten on the face BY A BLACK WIDOW !!!! NO BS! I know because I found the spider on my shoulder a few minutes later and looked it up. And no, not Jeanette Lee, I would have welcomed THAT bite lol. Anyway I will have pics for you within the next few days!

Good evening, BMM.

Oooh, a black widow bite to the face! That's nasty, sir. Luckily for us our widows in America and Britain are not nearly so dangerous as their close cousins in Australia, eh?

A elderly friend (eighty-five) visited your side of the pond last year and was bitten several times by a brown recluse caught in his shirt which, at his age, was quite serious. I'm pleased to report he made a full recovery, despite the $5,000 hospital bill.

Here's looking forward to the pics!

Best wishes,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
While we're here, gentlemen, here's a sneaky peek of my latest project... commissioning the world's largest set of pool balls.

A nice photograph of the 3 ball emerging from his cast.

2it5teu.jpg

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good evening, BMM.

Oooh, a black widow bite to the face! That's nasty, sir. Luckily for us our widows in America and Britain are not nearly so dangerous as their close cousins in Australia, eh?

A elderly friend (eighty-five) visited your side of the pond last year and was bitten several times by a brown recluse caught in his shirt which, at his age, was quite serious. I'm pleased to report he made a full recovery, despite the $5,000 hospital bill.

Best wishes,
RC.

Yes, I was quite pleased I didn't have to die lol. Glad your friend made it, these spiders are MUCH MORE dangerous to the young and old - he was lucky. I did have a very unpleasant week though. My face swelled up like a basketball, has the same texture as well lol. It hurt pretty bad but was also numb if that makes any sense ? I talked funny like I ca,email from the dentist, and for 5 days my face oozed some kinda clear liquid constantly. Anyway, it was pitch black out and I walked right into it, I will pick up those balls in a few days and get pics for yall to evaluate. Thanks again !

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good evening, BMM.

Best wishes,
RC.

Nasty little FU____

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-20-19-06-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-20-19-06-48.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 573

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my only really collectible ball

Attachments

• auto ball.jpg
    auto ball.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 662

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
More help with ID

I've apparently been bitten by the ball bug. I saw these at a flea market shop and wondered if they are even actually billiard balls. The seller claimed they were "antique" pool balls. Can anyone give me any idea what they might be?

Attachments

• Balls.JPG
    Balls.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 538

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've apparently been bitten by the ball bug. I saw these at a flea market shop and wondered if they are even actually billiard balls. The seller claimed they were "antique" pool balls. Can anyone give me any idea what they might be?

There is no cure for the indiscriminate "ball bug" my friend, with lengthy and expensive therapy being the path many have trod only to realize it would have been much cheaper to simply give in to one's affliction and just buy all the balls one can muster. Glad to have you amongst the Collector Clique

Without more detailed pics along with weights and diameters, they could be anything. They'd at least look interesting on a shelf and have a compelling, early history story for your game room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk