Pool Ball Collecting.

bfriesth

Bolder
Silver Member
I see the square code on the box(I can't remember what that is called). Did you try and see if that takes you anywhere?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, gentlemen.

Have you noticed how the actual Dynasphere balls feature totally different number fonts to those shown boxed on their website?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
One thing I always look out for in pool ball design is to check that the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 featured on the spotted balls are exactly the same size as those used for the double-digit 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 stripes.

Quite often those higher numbers have been squashed a bit thinner to fit in the circle, which looks very unappealing to my eye. A competent designer would get the larger numbers centred perfectly and then copy for the single digits afterwards. The number 5 on the 15 ball for example should be identical to the number 5 on the 5 ball, but that’s not always the case sadly.

Last edited:

mrpoopytime

Registered
RC, I see what you're talking about. Even in their own materials on their site, the boxed (computer render?) pic has slightly different fonts than the photos below it. Now I can never unsee it and must check my own balls.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Mr. P,

Did you order the Tungstens from the Olhausen website? I ask because I put in an order four days ago and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or anything. Just wondering because the set and the price seem unusual.

mrpoopytime

Registered
Hi longhorns2, yes, that's where I placed my order from. They are very slow at processing orders. Given how low that price was and how long they took, I had assumed it was a price mistake and it was going to be canceled. However 12 days after payment, I received an email saying they were preparing my order. It took another 3 days before it was actually shipped and 3 more days to it to arrive at my place.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi longhorns2, yes, that's where I placed my order from. They are very slow at processing orders. Given how low that price was and how long they took, I had assumed it was a price mistake and it was going to be canceled. However 12 days after payment, I received an email saying they were preparing my order. It took another 3 days before it was actually shipped and 3 more days to it to arrive at my place.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's good to hear. Fingers crossed it comes through. It's funny because the platinums are way more expensive but that design looks horrible to me.

mrpoopytime

Registered
In regards to other online billiard vendors, has anyone ordered from canadabilliard.com before? They seem to have a large stock of some of the more interesting Aramith sets, such as a full baseball billiard set, bonus ball 99 and bocetta.

Or how about http://bobbleball.com/productsbilliardsets.html? You can build a set of balls from a large selection of colors. Seems really cool for a cut-throat set, but I wonder about the quality.

mrpoopytime

Registered
Thanks for the quick reply. That's good to hear. Fingers crossed it comes through. It's funny because the platinums are way more expensive but that design looks horrible to me.

Hah, I'm actually a fan of the platinums, but they're definitely not a traditional looking set. They are on my list to buy, particularly after trying the tungstens.

bfriesth

Bolder
Silver Member
Hey Mr. P,

Did you order the Tungstens from the Olhausen website? I ask because I put in an order four days ago and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or anything. Just wondering because the set and the price seem unusual.

I ordered some Tungstens from Olhausenonline and have had better luck so far. I ordered last Wednesday and got confirmation and tracking number same day. They are supposed to be here tomorrow. We will see if they show up.

9baller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IF you happen to be after EVERY billiard ball set that the great Aramith offers, you’d eventually be led down a phosphors path mysteriously illuminated by the invisible ultraviolet light that can be had for mere espresso money - good ole black light bulbs from Halloween parties and the secret college soirées

Aramith markets their specialty ball set as a ‘Glow In The Dark kit’ complete with everything you’d need for a special or nutty pool-night.....except the fluorescent black light bulbs of course. Easy enough though. Amazon prime will have a few to you tomorrow if you hit the right buttons.

I’ll say this - Aramith never disappoints. We’ve all come to know that whatever has their (authentic) name on, we can rest assured of one thing: highest quality.

These GITD beauties won’t disappoint. Even under normal lights. They are as perfect as the Tournaments in every way. They play like every other high-end ball set and clean up flawlessly with minimal efforts. They have unique coloring....

f1f501e02ccf59dfc8ecbf1f35f04455.jpg

The deepest and richest mulberry/maroon you’ll find this side of Crayola. Radiant blues and reds. A reverse 8-ball that is pure perfection. Neon greens you’ll never confuse with any other ball either. Pure purple passion with the 4 and 12.

When I have a few extra minutes to switch out some of the ceiling lights in my pool room to make these beauties jump off the baize, I’ll snag a few other photos to show how they change from fun to fantastic - - Especially if you serve up a fine 18-year Cardhu Single Malt Scotch Whisky favored by our very own Rubik’s Cube and served to equally fine friends on Pals & Pool nights.

Cheers, everyone!

~K.

Beautiful set! I just posted mine on eBay, if anyone's looking. :D

mrpoopytime

Registered
I would love to own a set of the Billiard Footballs. Is anybody friendly with creator Earl Munson? I have tried contacting him with his information listed on the BCA instructors website, but no response as of yet.

Hi Chuck. I noticed there's a seller on ebay, aesbilliards, that is selling 3 singles from that football set. It's unfortunate there's not a complete set, but it could be a start of one.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful set! I just posted mine on eBay, if anyone's looking. :D

Not a fan of the neon green, but that 7 caught my eye immediately, a gorgeous color. Then I read the text and it appears it IS gorgeous!

I actually came by to let you all know

Attachments

• IMG_2624.JPG
    IMG_2624.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 314

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Hi Chuck. I noticed there's a seller on ebay, aesbilliards, that is selling 3 singles from that football set. It's unfortunate there's not a complete set, but it could be a start of one.

Thanks for looking out. I checked with that seller and they did not have a complete set so the hunt is still on. I have tried contacting Earl Munson but seems he's off the grid at the moment.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my dynasphere tungsten balls in yesterday. So far I'm impressed for 75 bucks shipped they play amazing and have stayed super clean

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my dynasphere tungsten balls in yesterday. So far I'm impressed for 75 bucks shipped they play amazing and have stayed super clean

Same here, tuffstuff - just received mine last night - and for my pics of these value-leaders, I thought I’d wait until I run 20 more racks of them before posting up a review and the photos.

So far though: zero roll offs in testing, and the weight tolerances exceed even the newest Centennials.

More to come Monday...

~ K.