Pool Ball Collecting.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to reply to such an ancient post. Does anyone have the user name of the ebay seller mentioned in this post?
It's a long story...I had won an auction for a set of these balls, and had them shipped to a shipping/receiving place I use for purchases in the US. (I'm a Canadian in a border town, and it saves me about $50 shipping every time). As the balls were in transit, covid shut the borders down, so I couldn't go to pick them up. The place I use for packages assured their Canadian customers that any packages would be held safely until things got worked out. Fast forward to the end of covid over a year later, the package place doesn't have my package. At this point I assumed they either lost it or some prick from the package place was enjoying my irreplaceable collectors quality balls on some garage pool table with tipless cues. I had let it go, because it was partly my fault for not handling it sooner. But I have recently learned that back then the USPS had started enforcing an old rule that prohibited businesses from receiving packages on behalf of others without some paperwork. So my balls had been returned to the seller as soon as they arrived at the local post office.
I obviously don't really expect anything if I can find him, but it would be nice to know why he didn't try to contact me or refund my money when he got the balls back.
Any info from you guys that also bought gumballs would be greatly appreciated. If nothing else could you guys post some more pics of them so that I may enjoy them vicariously. Thanks.
If you go into your ebay account and click on purchases, all your purchases from the past 3 years should still be in there, along with the sellers info. If it was longer than 3 years you could try contacting ebay to see if they can give you that info.

bigsjohn99

If you go into your ebay account and click on purchases, all your purchases from the past 3 years should still be in there, along with the sellers info. If it was longer than 3 years you could try contacting ebay to see if they can give you that info.
Hey, thanks for the tip. For some reason ebay wouldn't let me see purchases from before 2021 when I was using a web browser. The balls popped right up in my purchase history through the ebay app though. I'll have to message him to see what he says. Fingers crossed he's been holding on to them for two years, just waiting to hear from me. Lol.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, gentlemen.

I’ve created a banner logo for a little website project.

All thoughts and criticisms welcome.

full

The idea behind the design is that of pool balls from all over the globe rolling together to be showcased under the same roof.

I like it but maybe change the flags to a more generic thing since only 4 countries are represented. Not to be an inclusive liberal a-hole, but it leads one to think only those countries play pool or make the ball sets. Maybe make them the whole planet, which is coincidentally the same shape :)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, HT9.

Sincere thanks for the constructive criticism, sir. It is very much appreciated.

Best wishes.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
The set above and its description is dedicated to my friend, Meucciplayer… he’ll understand the reason.

I hope he still looks in from time to time. :)

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
very inappropriate on my part even though there was a call for "All thoughts and criticisms welcome".
it is what came to mind, cuz, of all your china connections.
I was looking for a self-destruct time delete attribute for this bad thing I did to an image that wasn't mine. Although, kind of with permission....
not a criticism, just an observation,
jao
poolballC.png

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Sincere thanks, CJR.

I’ll alter my provenance card accordingly, sir. I’m very grateful for the correction, dear chap.

Best wishes.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
These sets are now selling for £200 plus over here in England.

Finding an unused set is becoming increasingly difficult.

Whitetiger

I know that the primary, if not exclusive mission of this priceless thread is the study of the Art and Craft of the act of collecting pool balls. Before I posted the pictures you will find below, I consulted with Rupert on their inclusion herein. He felt they were appropriate.

Under the new logo, the first evidence I have found of a catalog listing of the Cue Repair Kit is in the 1964 Brunswick Mail Order Catalog. As part number 14-15-2, the set sold for $14.95.

Herewith:

View attachment 675571

View attachment 675566

View attachment 675567

View attachment 675568

View attachment 675569

For your viewing pleasure!

Boxcar
Love it I collect Brunswick stuff like this it’s fun

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Not owning a set myself I stand to be corrected on this but believe they were somewhat underweight at just under five ounces.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
These sets are now selling for £200 plus over here in England.

Finding an unused set is becoming increasingly difficult.
PERFECT!
...for [the] game
the perfect thinking part is that the solids and stripes have no numbers, not that they're difficult finding...

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Sincere thanks, sir.

It’s not on my radar at the moment, dear chap… the missing ball would drive me crazy.