Pool Ball Collecting.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I was wrong… there wasn’t too much more action. $910 at the hammer.

Congratulations to the lucky winner. I wonder if they’re a regular on here?

Benelli

I was wrong… there wasn’t too much more action. $910 at the hammer.

Congratulations to the lucky winner. I wonder if they’re a regular on here?
I think the same dynamic that is shaping the cue market is affecting balls too.

Money is tight, but folks have not realigned their mental prices to what the market will support which is why you have such a large discrepancy between Buy It Now and what it gavels for.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the same dynamic that is shaping the cue market is affecting balls too.

Money is tight, but folks have not realigned their mental prices to what the market will support which is why you have such a large discrepancy between Buy It Now and what it gavels for.
I think the seller researched what the balls have sold for, complete with box and priced his set in the same neighborhood. If he had the box, the set would have sold for $2K. People who can afford to drop $2K on a vintage ball set are not as impacted by the current state of the economy as others. IMO, not having the box for this set severely decreases the value.

Chapman tim

Has anyone had experience with the balls I just bought below? I’m not much of a collector but couldn’t leave them behind. Unfortunately missing the cue ball. The box is pretty darn cool though. I googled them and found nearly no info.

Attachments

• IMG_2208 Small.jpeg
    IMG_2208 Small.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2206 Small.jpeg
    IMG_2206 Small.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2207 Small.jpeg
    IMG_2207 Small.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

phretless

Registered
Looking to part with some of my collections and wanted to get some input as to what these should bring. All are 57.2mm except the baseball set which is 2 1/16 or 52.4mm

Attachments

• 20231022_131659 (1)m.jpg
    20231022_131659 (1)m.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 87
  • 20231105_152243.jpg
    20231105_152243.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20231105_152435.jpg
    20231105_152435.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20231105_152403.jpg
    20231105_152403.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 94
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20231022_131729.jpg
    20231022_131729.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20231022_133643.jpg
    20231022_133643.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 86
  • 20231022_132020.jpg
    20231022_132020.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Awesome collection, Phretless!

I have been seeking a 2 1/4 inch version of that Aramith Poker set for years, dear chap. I would be exceedingly grateful for the chance to buy it, sir. The striped red, yellow, green and blue set.

And also as a double purchase with the Romanique II set if possible, please?

Last edited:

phretless

Registered
Trying to determine the worth of the sets before selling. A friend is interested in a few and we are looking to get some feedback from those who would know.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
This is the set I would most like to buy please, Mr P.

I have been seeking a 2.25 inch version for more years than I care to remember… it was actually the first set I posted up when starting this thread. :)

full

Benelli

Trying to determine the worth of the sets before selling. A friend is interested in a few and we are looking to get some feedback from those who would know.
Here's the deal, you're looking for prices on exceedingly scarce and valuable sets. Pretty much no one on here is going to give you a price because they are all looking to buy them. So they are afraid of telling you what they think they are worth because they don't want to pay that.

It feels like your Friend may have made you an offer, so I assume if you're here it's because you think that offer is too low.

My advice would be this, if you getting more than you paid, and you like your friend, then just sell them. At least you know they are going to a fellow collector who will appreciate them versus a random flipper who is just looking to buy them cheap and then sell them for considerably more than they paid you.

If these are the ones you're looking to "pare down" I would love to see photos of your full collection!

Good Luck.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For our fellow billiard ball collectors everywhere…may we introduce an exciting new venture:

77e7faf2c9157ce47cdc398b7431c801.jpg

…from fellow collectors Rubik’s Cube, K2Kraze, and bfriesth.

More to follow…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to part with some of my collections and wanted to get some input as to what these should bring. All are 57.2mm except the baseball set which is 2 1/16 or 52.4mm
I would be interested in the Romanesque I's. Please PM me with your price.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Awesome work, K2Kraze!

It has been a privilege to play a part in this exciting venture. Thank you, dear chap.

🙏

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome work, K2Kraze!

It has been a privilege to play a part in this exciting venture. Thank you, dear chap.

…from Day 1 when you and I and bfriesth began this shared passion over our ball collections here within the PBC thread, RC, it’s been nothing but adventure.

Here we go ~

mrpiper

Registered
Wow those are some VERY rare sets my friend! The only one I can discuss is the Numberless Set. I was blessed by a member here to be able to buy one new / unused for $100.00 + shipping a couple of years ago :)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
The Billiard Ball Museum countdown has begun, ladies and gentlemen… six days until launch.

And we solemnly promise there will be no Aramith 100 style shenanigans with our limited edition pool ball set. The balls will be ready for sale and shipping on the 12th. Just 30 sets will be available… ever.

When they’re gone, they’re gone.