Pool & Billiards Think Tank - A Z Billiards

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
There are only a handful of professional pool players who post here on AZ.

Is it safe to assume that most professional pool players are told what's going on AZ Billiards?

AZ Billiards has earned the right to be called a THE POOL & BILLIARDS THINK TANK .

Many people from across the world, daily add their personal perspectives to solving pool's many problems and I hope this continues. The many varied opinions and discussions shared here helps everyone involved in the pool business to make better decisions.

The POLLS on AZ are under utilized by the business people but that's another subject.

It is my hope that AZ Billiards and all of the forum members will get some of the credit for stimulating the pool industry because I believe that exactly what it does.

Savvy manufacturers, suppliers, designers, artists, tour directors, sponsors, promoters, commentators, room owners and business people in general come here to review and discuss the things we talk about everyday.

The professional pool players for the most part are out of the loop, so to speak as far as the Internet and AZ Billiards is concerned. I hope that if good things happen for the professional pool players that AZ Billiards and it's forum members will receive any credit due to their efforts and discussion. Sometimes, people think that they are just at the right place at the right time and don't see the positive things that are in place working all around them. I hope the professional pool players remember the forum members who make an incredible contribution to the pool world.

Anyway, as a supporter of pool I just wanted to recognize THE POOL & BILLIARDS THINK TANK is one of the greatest resources for people in the pool industry.

To steal a line from SJM, you may now all take a deep bow. :)
(That includes you Mike Howerton)

JoeyA
 
What I Get For Being A Valuable AZB Pool Contributor In A THINK TANK

JoeyA said:
To steal a line from SJM, you may now all take a deep bow. :)
(That includes you Mike Howerton)

JoeyA


I took a deep bow and hurt my back.
Now, I can't get my shoes on.
I took two Aleve and I'm going back to bed.
NO thinking for me today.... dammit

Doug
( I should have listened to my mother, who always said, "never take a bow without warming up first )
 
JoeyA said:
There are only a handful of professional pool players who post here on AZ.

Is it safe to assume that most professional pool players are told what's going on AZ Billiards?

AZ Billiards has earned the right to be called a THE POOL & BILLIARDS THINK TANK .

Many people from across the world, daily add their personal perspectives to solving pool's many problems and I hope this continues. The many varied opinions and discussions shared here helps everyone involved in the pool business to make better decisions.

The POLLS on AZ are under utilized by the business people but that's another subject.

It is my hope that AZ Billiards and all of the forum members will get some of the credit for stimulating the pool industry because I believe that exactly what it does.

Savvy manufacturers, suppliers, designers, artists, tour directors, sponsors, promoters, commentators, room owners and business people in general come here to review and discuss the things we talk about everyday.

The professional pool players for the most part are out of the loop, so to speak as far as the Internet and AZ Billiards is concerned. I hope that if good things happen for the professional pool players that AZ Billiards and it's forum members will receive any credit due to their efforts and discussion. Sometimes, people think that they are just at the right place at the right time and don't see the positive things that are in place working all around them. I hope the professional pool players remember the forum members who make an incredible contribution to the pool world.

Anyway, as a supporter of pool I just wanted to recognize THE POOL & BILLIARDS THINK TANK is one of the greatest resources for people in the pool industry.

To steal a line from SJM, you may now all take a deep bow. :)
(That includes you Mike Howerton)

JoeyA
Joey, you are correct. People can find almost anything out here they need to know. Jay Helfert and I were talking with someone in Vegas who didn't visit the forums, we told him that anything you need to know just come onto AZB Forums and ask. For the most part people on here are friendly and willing to help. As a small time promoter I find this to be a great source for information and getting the word out.
Also I am pretty sure that most of the top pros know what is being said on here especially if it is about them. I am not sure how many of the top pros actually come on here and post. Obviously John Schmidt comes on here and he is one of the nicest guys in the business I think Oscar Dominguez posts here. Does anyone know who the other Pros are athat actually post? (not including Travis Trotter)
 
bfdlad said:
Joey, you are correct. People can find almost anything out here they need to know. Jay Helfert and I were talking with someone in Vegas who didn't visit the forums, we told him that anything you need to know just come onto AZB Forums and ask. For the most part people on here are friendly and willing to help. As a small time promoter I find this to be a great source for information and getting the word out.
Also I am pretty sure that most of the top pros know what is being said on here especially if it is about them. I am not sure how many of the top pros actually come on here and post. Obviously John Schmidt comes on here and he is one of the nicest guys in the business I think Oscar Dominguez posts here. Does anyone know who the other Pros are athat actually post? (not including Travis Trotter)

I'm not sure how many actually read the forums. I know Charlie Williams posts here, as does Charlie Bryant, Shawn Putnum, Danny Harriman, and a few others.

A few years ago, I played Jesse Bowman in a tournament. He told me that he knew me from the Az forum. He doesn't post, but he reads it.

I remember Trudeau telling everybody to stay off the discussion forums because it was a rumor mill filled with people that are drunk down at the corner bar and none of us have 2 nickels that we could rub together.

That's not my demographic, but I'm quite sure he insulted somebody out there, although the comment was aimed directly at me.

:p

I don't think that hurt the forum at all. We have a few Hall of Fame members that post here on a regular basis (Robin Dodson & Ray Martin), we have Darren Appleton, Markus Juva, Karl Boyes, and many others that stop in from time to time - to include Monica Webb, Helena Thornfeldt, Sarah Rousey, and KEITH !

I believe that Az is the billiards super highway of information for players across the world. I remember when it was a small site - a very small site. What a difference a decade makes. Mike's done a great job along the way!
 
Back
Top