Pool gets national TV exposure finally!

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anybody seen the shingles commercial? I believe it's an add for a prescription drug. First time I heard it I didn't pay much attention but just heard it and the man says.."I played sports...basketball, pool...". Then they go into some facts about shingles and when they go back to him he says "I put the pool cue in the corner."

The most exposure pool has got on TV in quite sometime!

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
National TV EXPOSURE FOR POOL

Lol...I saw that commercial the other night.

The fact that the gentleman in the ad includes pool with the other sports he plays is significant here! :D

It's NOT just a game but a competitive, physical, mental, and sometimes exhausting endeavor.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually there are a couple of dozen (at least) commercials running right now, that feature pool, pool tables, or pool playing as part of the commercial. This has been getting more frequent the past 5 years. Hard to see how pool is dying when the big advertising agencies are regularly using pool tie-ins.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ESPN currently is running a commercial with three of the different anchor/show host guys hanging around a pool table.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have shingles, and my doctor prescribed a 7 day supply of Valtrex. So, I'm home watching TV and I hear Valtrex being mentioned in a commercial for Herpes. The dosage to control herpes was 1/2 of my daily dosage to combat shingles.