Pool in Plano Texas

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Any ideas on where to play in Plano Tx. Don't really want to venture into Dallas. Thanks.

Call OB Cues at 877-399-9901 and ask for Doc. We are in Plano and Doc who is our customer service manager is also the BCA league operator for North Dallas. He knows all of the pool players in the Dallas and Plano areas and knows all of the pool rooms. He can help you out for sure.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB cues

Call OB Cues at 877-399-9901 and ask for Doc. We are in Plano and Doc who is our customer service manager is also the BCA league operator for North Dallas. He knows all of the pool players in the Dallas and Plano areas and knows all of the pool rooms. He can help you out for sure.

Thats right. Forgot ob was here. I know Don O. And have met Royce several times. Maybe I'll take a plant tour and play free pool on their tables. Surely they have tables there. I could test drive some of their cues. I am retired so I could be a consultant. Played Don shortly after he won the Super Senior singles event. Played even with him for quite a while before he hit a gear. Nice folks. Wonder if they have a cafeteria there? And a swimming pool.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any ideas on where to play in Plano Tx. Don't really want to venture into Dallas. Thanks.

There is a bowling alley called The Main Event in Plano that has pool tables . Super Bowl in east Plano has some pool tables and some bowling alley in Frisco called Strikz on Lebanon has some tables.Plano has a poor history with pool and fun , they outlawed arcades in the mid 70's , wonder what happened.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Frisco, adjacent North of Plano. You hit a nerve with RandyG. :smile:
By his old school definition, there are zero point zero pool halls in Texas. There are only bars with pool tables. Since that's the only thing I'm old enough to remember, I'll say that the two players rooms in Plano are Rack Daddy's on Coit Road, and Billiard Den, on Arapaho Road.

Rack Daddy's has about 15 8.5 foot tables and about 5 9 foot tables. Does not serve food.

Billiard Den has around 10 8/8.5 foot (not sure which) tables, 4 9 foot tables, two 10 foot snooker tables, two Diamond 7 foot tables (with Tournament Blue cloth), and a half dozen or so Valley 7 foot tables.

I like hanging out at both places.

Billiard Den is nice because it's big; there is a lot of space between tables and a lot of places to sit. But it allows smoking. The 8.5 foot side of Rack Daddy's has seating only along the walls. On a busy night you will probably impale someone with the butt of your cue sooner or later.

For a totally different experience go to Fox and Hound on Midway. It has old Diamond 8.5 foot tables (and a few 9 foot), with double wide buckets for pockets. Tons of space to spread out and sit down.

-Jeff

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I live in Frisco, adjacent North of Plano. You hit a nerve with RandyG. :smile:
By his old school definition, there are zero point zero pool halls in Texas. There are only bars with pool tables. Since that's the only thing I'm old enough to remember, I'll say that the two players rooms in Plano are Rack Daddy's on Coit Road, and Billiard Den, on Arapaho Road.

Rack Daddy's has about 15 8.5 foot tables and about 5 9 foot tables. Does not serve food.

Billiard Den has around 10 8/8.5 foot (not sure which) tables, 4 9 foot tables, two 10 foot snooker tables, two Diamond 7 foot tables (with Tournament Blue cloth), and a half dozen or so Valley 7 foot tables.

I like hanging out at both places.

Billiard Den is nice because it's big; there is a lot of space between tables and a lot of places to sit. But it allows smoking. The 8.5 foot side of Rack Daddy's has seating only along the walls. On a busy night you will probably impale someone with the butt of your cue sooner or later.

For a totally different experience go to Fox and Hound on Midway. It has old Diamond 8.5 foot tables (and a few 9 foot), with double wide buckets for pockets. Tons of space to spread out and sit down.

-Jeff

Billiard Den is in Richardson
Rack Daddy's is in Dallas

Yes, we have a sad state of Billiards in Dallas.

randyg

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
My buddy lives in Plano. He plays for free all the time at different pool halls. One place he took me that was out that way was called the 777 club. It is bar tables but it was free on Sundays.

CueAddict81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack Daddy's has several decent 9t tables that I play on. 8ft tables are trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CueAddict81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack Daddy's is close to Coit and 190, close enough to Plano.
17509 Coit Rd
Dallas TX 75252

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk