I moved to NC in 96/97. Play golf go out for supper shoot pool with friends over some beers go home..Grew up in Raleigh. I never knew how good I had it. I figured every town had 7 rooms filled with of 9’ GCs.
Heyball is played on 9 ft tablesI understand Heyball is played on an 8' table as well.
You got it wired.I moved to NC in 96/97. Play golf go out for supper shoot pool with friends over some beers go home..
Great climate ( a bit humid in summer ) great people , lots of educational opportunities and a growing economy..
The only drawback for me is living in Chapel Hill. The liberals that run the city love taxes. We pay the highest real estate tax in the SE United States.You got it wired.
Most U.S. cities have similar problems. I lived in the safest area of L.A. and I wouldn't go out at night. If I had to I was carrying.The only drawback for me is living in Chapel Hill. The liberals that run the city love taxes. We pay the highest real estate tax in the SE United States.
The only place higher is Washington DC! Downtown is dirty, old, poorly lighted and has a fair amount of beggars, signers and homeless.
UNC main campus makes up a lot of downtown and the girls go out in packs for safety.
It’s truly sad because it could be a beautiful place if they rebuilt it and got rid of the trashy filthy beggars and policed the lazy ass loitering that goes on.
Most residents avoid downtown altogether because it’s nasty.
Now that our daughter has her doctorate and is well on her way a time will come to decide or stay.
There are pros and cons to weigh in the next couple of years, for certain!
Thank you for the correction. I have only read about Heyball. I will look for video. Thank you.Heyball is played on 9 ft tables
I’ve had CC permits since 1974, got my first one in Gloucester Massachusetts. Jimmy Reid grew up there, we both learned to play pool at Nocks Pool Room on Main Street.Most U.S. cities have similar problems. I lived in the safest area of L.A. and I wouldn't go out at night. If I had to I was carrying.
70 years old and some bum attacked me at Venice Beach. I moved fast and he was down on the ground. He picked on the wrong old man.
Amen. I left my hometown because it was overrun by drugs and alcohol. Buried so many childhood friends by the time I was 26 that I said to myself.it never pays to stay in a bad environment. moving is easy. the west was populated by people in covered wagons moving to better lives.
i have houses in a few different states and in no crime areas. only way to go for me. many make excuses why they cant move and spend lives in fear. that's why many become snow birds for part of the year. two of them have no poolrooms within hours of driving. but those i have my own table.
Never got a permit in Cal. Very hard to do here. Fuc it, I carried anyway. Will take my chances. Life or death let the other guy die!I’ve had CC permits since 1974, got my first one in Gloucester Massachusetts. Jimmy Reid grew up there, we both learned to play pool at Nocks Pool Room on Main Street.
Don’t you love it when people ( like the bum ) underestimate you for any reason? I sure as hell do!!
Amen. I left my hometown because it was overrun by drugs and alcohol. Buried so many childhood friends by the time I was 26 that I said to myself.
Get out or die like your friends. Two months before leaving I buried my best friend from a heroin overdose.
It was an open casket and I looked down at him and knew I was on the right path leaving.
After the funeral myself and another friend went to the local bar. Johnny the bartender knew where we had just come from. I asked him to go into the cash register and get out my friends chit so I could pay it for him.
Johnny got it out and stood in front of me and said, “ I knew you were his only true friend no one offered to pay his bill but you.”
Johnny ripped it up shook my hand and my friend next to me cried.
Buddhist believe in taking a new path if the one your on is not taking you to a better place..