Pool Movies

S

skip

Back to Cool Hand Luke, how about the gal washing the car. WOW.....:smile:

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Check out the indie movie Chalk.

I think your friend has Cool Hand Luke confused with The Hustler. Cool Hand Luke is about a rebellious inmate, played by Paul Newman, who refuses to conform to prison life despite the prison's efforts to break him.

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. The hustler - my all time fave movie period

2. The Color of Money - very good movie

3. Poolhall Junkies-very entertaining but a lil cheesy
4. Shooting Gallery-how can people despise a movie with this much pool, a twist ending and a ridiculously hot chick?

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out Stickmen, bar room pool by way of New Zealand. Baltimore Bullet has a whole bunch of pros like Jim Rempe, Mizerak, and Mosconi.

OMG I can't believe someone actually liked this movie!

I love movies, and I can pretty much sit through any movie once in order to give a review about it. Honestly this is my top ones in order

1. Hustler (Long, drawn out but the best pool movie yet could have done without the drunk love story in it, but I guess you needed that to know how come he plays the way he does.)
2. Pool Hall Junkies (I like it better than color of money because of the humor in it, but it is a close between these two)
3. Color of Money (Story could have been explained better to bring more interest to pool)
4. Baltimore Bullet ( Not my favorite, but has some funny stuff in it )
5. Shooting Gallery (Not too bad and had some good pool stuff in it. Definately not the worst movie.)

I had like 12 Pool movies at one time, but threw most away cause they were not worth my time!

Kiss Shoot (this is a good one for little kids as it has whoopie and denis franz in it!)

Stickmen (Only watch this one if you are a bar box banger, and you like gay clubs! Yes they play pool in a gay club in one scene!)

Behind the 9
(Not even worth your time! Bout a tournament run out of a rich guys house! Film your buddies coming over and you all having a tournament at your house because this would probably be more entertaining!)

Up against the 8 ball
(2 college chicks playing for tuition money! The shots aren't even taken by them! Need I say more?)

Kisses and Caroms (Not much pool playing, the movie is based out of a billiards retail shop. The only thing that draws people into this movie is that the plot focuses around a 3some! There is a couple funny lines, but the acting is horrible, and the plot sucks!)

Snooker
(If you like reading subtitles feel free to rent this one and read away! It's a foreign film and not a very good one.)

A Paradise Without Billiards
(Again foreign and I didn't like reading all the subtitles.)

Last edited:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-ball

Anyone get their pre ordered copy of 9-ball yet staring Jennifer Baretta?

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LC3...Good catch! Thanks for the correction. I haven't seen BB in many, many years, and didn't remember Willie's cameo! It is surprising, considering how much he publically despised hustling throughout his career!

Henry was RIGHT! Sorry Henry, I goofed! :eek::rolleyes::thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Mosconi had a cameo as one of the commentators for the final match. Here's the scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEYN2TX3Yng

PHMJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense, but if that trailer is any indication, I'm comfortable having not seen it. It looks like a high school drama department shot it with a cell phone camcorder.

Not quite, I used 3 HDR-SR1 cameras, about $1500 each, not to include computer programs, etc... (It takes alot of money, time and patience.) I took on this challenge of making "Pool Hall Master" to bring in real pool players and not just someone twirling a cue stick. I also knew that I would be criticized by every other pool player out there. Like most everyone who concentrates on the game at hand, I concentrated on learning about filmmaking and putting a pool movie out there about One-Pocket. I have learned so much, not only by purchasing other flimmaking courses but by some critics out there, including the haters.

I like what you have at the bottom of your page:

Amateurs will do it until they get it right. (I like that)

PHMJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see no one has mentioned "PoolHall Master" yet.
http://poolhallmaster.com

Scroll to the bottom of the page to view Trailer 1 & 2.

Karate-

Hey Karate, are you really in karate? I am a White Crane Gung-Fu Teacher here in Texas. Why don't you PM me with your mailing address and I will send you a free copy of the movie "Pool Hall Master". It will take 2 to 3 days to get it. I will PM you and give you the USPS tracking number.