Pool near NJ City?

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Hi all,
I'm in Jersey City for a bit, and wonder if someone can point me to any nice pool halls in the area.
Thanks.

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Across the water to Manhattan is an option. Then you could hit Amsterdam and Society billiards.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Across the water to Manhattan is an option. Then you could hit Amsterdam and Society billiards.

Thanks Ron. I believe I was at Amsterdam one time before, but I may stop back by if I have time. Maybe I can take a couple bucks off of Mika while I'm there... ;)

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clifton Billiards just reopened and is great place with a cook in the house.

Has 2 private pool rooms. Main ave, Clifton NJ

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
As far as I know, the rooms close by Jersey City closed i.e. Willow, Herberts. Hi Tech in Weehauken is still open. Not much of a players room, but a poolhall none the less.

I would visit Castle Billiards, in E. Rutherford. It's right behind Giants Stadium and has a full bar, w/food. Also, they have a tight, tight table with the same pocket/rail cut as the TAR table. Good room.

In Manhattan (if you dont mind taking a PATH train), there is Amsterdam Billiard Club (which is nice, but nothing that extraordinary) or Society Billiards (I happen to like the Diamond tables) or a hand full of other rooms.

Eric

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Crown Billiards, Hamburg Turnpike Pompton Lakes NJ...

Tuesday Handicapped 9 ball...

Joe