Pool players are poor.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least we’re not as poor as people who watch TV or relax and think.

EOH17HbUUAAtYJ8.jpg

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They didn’t come around my group of friends and players for this survey - we could have easily raised the bar up past the bowlers and even skiers.

The phone never even rang.

~ K.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They didn’t come around my group of friends and players for this survey - we could have easily raised the bar up past the bowlers and even skiers.

The phone never even rang.

~ K.
That's not how survey research works... you and your friends are in the dark brown bar at the right whether they called you or not.

The most interesting finding here seems to be that exercising is associated with higher incomes.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are kicking tobacco/ drug use's ass though.

I wonder if they factored in the 200$ a day those fiends pay for crack though. Prob not

Dammit, pool. Tighten up!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not how survey research works... you and your friends are in the dark brown bar at the right whether they called you or not.

The most interesting finding here seems to be that exercising is associated with higher incomes.

Carbon fiber is more expensive than cocaine!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
You never heard of 'you can never be too rich or too thin"? Working out to keep those extra calories in check.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I think what skews things a bit is the definition of playing billiards. I think Pool is a different from most sports in that we have way more hyper-casual participants than other sports. By that I mean, we have way more people out there who play as a side activity to drinking and partying and despite playing semi-regularly, have little to no interest in the game. So I think that skews the statistics a bit. My experience with leagues and tournaments is that income levels (I am assuming a bit) are much more balanced. Literally someone from all walks of life.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

Poor folk are tired at the end of the day, they’re watching religious TV progrums and drinking beer on the couch...relaxing, thinking.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I'm sorry, are we acting like pool players being poor is breaking news?

I think a good follow up study would be:

ARE GOOD POOL PLAYERS MORE POOR?:grin:

DelawareDogs >> Flat Broke

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what skews things a bit is the definition of playing billiards. I think Pool is a different from most sports in that we have way more hyper-casual participants than other sports. By that I mean, we have way more people out there who play as a side activity to drinking and partying and despite playing semi-regularly, have little to no interest in the game. So I think that skews the statistics a bit. My experience with leagues and tournaments is that income levels (I am assuming a bit) are much more balanced. Literally someone from all walks of life.

These are the “favorite activities” of the respondents, so at least it’s not just something they do once a year. But I think you’re right that lower-income people are more likely to hang out in dive bars, and one of the main activities in dive bars is playing pool. That’s different from league and tournament players.

Anyway, I think this chart is the primary reason you see thousands of hours of golf and tennis on TV, and zero hours of pool: TV is advertiser-driven.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Nice study that goes to prove what I thought about new Pool Room owners is close to right.
Looks like they need to seek markets of people that have some disposable income and then give them
a value for their expense.

At least we’re not as poor as people who watch TV or relax and think.

EOH17HbUUAAtYJ8.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice study that goes to prove what I thought about new Pool Room owners is close to right.
Looks like they need to seek markets of people that have some disposable income and then give them
a value for their expense.
Or install corn-hole courts. Sure fire money maker. I'm actually not kidding. People have seen it on-line or on tv and will play it if offered. Its $$$ right??

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
ESPN put out a list of how hard a sport is to play. Cheerleading was ranked tougher than pool.

That was a very biased 'study'. It is clear that they had in mind where sports should be ranked ahead of time because they determined athleticism is all that mattered. So if a game doesn't require as much strength it is totally handicapped because they have two categories related to it, strength and power.

I should take up chess because by their reasoning I should be grandmaster in no time! I don't need to be fast or strong and I don't need any hand eye coordination. Easy as could be.