Pool Room is Finished - Reviews of Instal, Led Panel Light, Simonis HR, and Cyclops

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Lots to talk about and hopefully some useful info for the products i have acquired in the last month.

Our House is finally done and i am lucky enough to have the space and a wife that appreciates and accomodates the 9 foot diamond Pro i bought over 10 years ago.

Table assembly - I contacted Josh from Absolute Billiards in Dayton Ohio through AZB to totally rebuild the rails with the new diamond rubber and profile cut and assemble the table.

After battling off a few snow storms the time came and 2 thursdays ago we had a miracle occur. Josh and his assistnt miles did a fantastic job on the rebuils. I learned that Josh trained with Glenn(aka real king cobra) and spent time with him on a table assembly trip through the west coast. He learned jis craft and i highly reccomend him. They did a great job and cleaned all the dust the job created.

Rating 5 stars out of 5.

Led Panel Light 2x4ft

I bought the Led Panel Light from Brian Butler from the forum. I had a diamond light to match the table but said what the hell lets upgrade. Brians customer service goes above and beyond anything i have ever expirienced. My light arrived and through ups it was cracked on the lense. Brian was swift to replace it after a few pics and emails with no problem what so ever.

Install - this light is light weight and maybe an inch at the most thick. I ordered the airline cables and the transformer boc to power the light and thats the only way to go. my dad and i had this thing up in maybe 30 minutes.

The mounting cables are insanley thin and the brackets they hang from genuous. Its a small cylinder that screws into the ceiling. The cable slides up in the bottom and has a locking mechanism that hold the cable in place. put a level on the light and just by pulling gently up on the cables the light was perfect.

I have played for a week now with the light and its amazing. No eye fatigue at all. The shadows are no problem. The light emits no heat what so ever. I have had a former pool hall owner over and asked his opinion and he was totally impressed. I am no light scientist so dont ask e lumens light metering or any technical stuff. My answer is the light is the new way to go.

Rating 5 out of 5 Stars.

Simonis Hr Blue Tourney

Im not a fan at all. I am a green traditional guy. Enough said. I got the cloth because thats what we play on and thats what we do. Does Hr stop burn marks. NO. I have a bounce path to the rack from where i break 9 ball already. White dots all over the cloth from normal play. I use a break cloth to eliminate wearing break holes. The cloth plays as good as any Simonis out there and dont waste your time with the lesser brands. I am also worried about the fade the blue gets. My friend has a bar with 2 diamonds and the cloth looks horrible at one years age.

Simonis Awsome. BLUE and HR not so awsome.

Rating 3.5 out of 5 stars.

CYCLOPS BALLS

I was a lucky participant in the AZB group buy of the CYCLOPS BALLS from Diamond. I really appreciate Justin Hanson (jhanso18) putting together the GROUP BUY. I also thank Diamond for being a great company and customer oriented.

The Balls - I ordered both the skittles and the traditional sets. I kept the traditional and gave the others to a friend. These balls play awsome. I was using Aramith Tournaments and was content to never touch the CYCLOPS. I am in a tourney this week and well CYCLOPS are the balls of the tourney. Out they came. These balls Play awsome. The cue ball pays heavier than the red circle and it should. Its matched to the weight of the balls they came with. The ball follows effortlessley and you do have to stroke it to draw it but i think u should have to do that anyway. SKID - nope havent had any skid as of yet in over three solid days of playing.

Rating 5 out of 5 stars.

So i am loving life and getting back into the practice mode after 10 years of having my last table. I hope all enjoy my reviews. Sorry for spelling and grammar.

Heres nome pics.
IMAG2124.jpg

IMAG2123.jpg

IMAG2155.jpg

IMAG2144.jpg

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool. Light looks like it has some fall off on the foot and head rail area or is that just the picture?

Like the blue light from under the table, how did you accomplish that out of curiosity. Too bad the black heavy cord for power on the light.

Nice setup, congratulations

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
The glare is from the camera

I need to raise the light another 6 inches and fine tune it. I have a little more work to do, the heavy black cable will be gone. just have to reroute it and then the small white cable will be tied to one of the cables. been to busy hitting balls to get it done. OOPS

Blue light under the table.

That is from amazon. it is sold as an led kit to go behind led tvs. The kit comes with 4 light tubes all leds a control box and can span the rainbow in colors. it also has a remote and a setting to change to music or just scroll through the colors. price 60 bux. i had a cable installed under the carpet and a plug is under the leg of the table, i also have a TDK blue tooth cube speaker underneath to supply the tunes.

Last edited:

mr8ball

Nice job Sir. I have used the HR cloth quite a few times and am not impressed with it at all. Congrats on a good job.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Sounds like we are about the same place. My Cyclops skittles came in last week and I have noticed ZERO skidding after 20+ hours of play.

I'm waiting on my LED light from Brian now but he is at the U.S. Bar Table tournament so it will be a few more days. Glad the install is basically painless.

Also waiting on the same blue Simonis 760HR to be delivered. I've had the green stuff for 1.5 years now and wanted to get the blue at that it what is on the tables where all the tournaments are.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
Looks pretty sick, Sir. Love the led color strip under the table. Looks great.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy for you and thanks for sharing. I am about a year and a half away from adding on to my house and putting in a good 9" table. Retirement is looking fun!

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
Looks good

Nice set up bro!! Watching the table set up is fun and the guys diamond hires know what they are doing!

Enjoy I know I do mine!

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Thanks for the review. I've got my eye on this led light set up. I thought about under carriage lights for my table too. Thanks for showing me what it would look like.

You've paired the 4' led light with a nine foot table, correct?

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was next.

Josh did my 3-Diamond Bar boxes after he left from your job. The tables have never played better and I will highly recommend Josh and his work. I've used the 860HR Simonis Green for my last 2 changes and I'm getting 2 years+ of wear. I have 12-14 teams shooting 4 nights a week, tourneys on Saturdays in the winter, and free pool every Sunday. I'm quite happy with the 2yrs. of wear, I also fully clean them 3x's a week. Brian.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
You are the man

Looks pretty sick, Sir. Love the led color strip under the table. Looks great.

Customer service from Brian was awsome. I am so glad i got this light instead of trying to string up a diamond light again.

Please dont hesitate on purchasing. This light. U will. Not need 2 for a. 9 footer. What u will need if u get 2 is sunscreen.

I have the 2x4 light.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Josh did my 3-Diamond Bar boxes after he left from your job. The tables have never played better and I will highly recommend Josh and his work. I've used the 860HR Simonis Green for my last 2 changes and I'm getting 2 years+ of wear. I have 12-14 teams shooting 4 nights a week, tourneys on Saturdays in the winter, and free pool every Sunday. I'm quite happy with the 2yrs. of wear, I also fully clean them 3x's a week. Brian.

Glad u are happy. JOSH knows his craft and learned from the best.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Thanks for the positive reviews, guys. I'm glad you're enjoying your tables. It was honestly a pleasure working for both of you.

And I have to agree....your lighting setup looks very impressive!