Pool room near Middletown, NY?

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
I have some business in Middletown, NY soon and would like to find a nearby room to briefly hang my hat.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Hi,
I have some business in Middletown, NY soon and would like to find a nearby room to briefly hang my hat.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, there are no pool rooms in Middletown. Best you are gonna find, is Gallery Billiards in Newburgh. There is also another place not too far away, Village Billiards, in Warwick. Kinda sucky, I know. But anyway, good luck!

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave, there are no pool rooms in Middletown. Best you are gonna find, is Gallery Billiards in Newburgh. There is also another place not too far away, Village Billiards, in Warwick. Kinda sucky, I know. But anyway, good luck!

Gallery Billiards in Newburgh is a really good pool room. They have great tables, fast cloth, everything is clean and well maintained, and the people there are all top shelf too. And it's not that far from Middletown, NY.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
There used to be Classic Cue owned by Charlie Russo but it closed about 8 or 9 years ago, I worked there for a while. Gil Black owned it for the last year or so I think before it closed down. Gallery is a great place owned by Dave Pinkston who is a solid player and super good guy. Some decent players in that small room, good action and tournaments. Enjoy it, worth the drive down 84.

Last edited:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Yes, Gallery Billiards is an excellent room. It has all the accommodations of an upscale pool room yet all the positive things one would expect from a players room. A nice hybrid. Regular action from what I've been told.

There used to be a Pool room in Hariman, NY right next door to Central Valley, NY (Home to the world famous Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets). I know for a while my friend Jim Abel owned a piece of it. Is that still around?

What ever happened to "Antique Brass Rail Billards" in Chester, NY? (not too far from Middletown, NY).

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Yes, Gallery Billiards is an excellent room. It has all the accommodations of an upscale pool room yet all the positive things one would expect from a players room. A nice hybrid. Regular action from what I've been told.

There used to be a Pool room in Hariman, NY right next door to Central Valley, NY (Home to the world famous Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets). I know for a while my friend Jim Abel owned a piece of it. Is that still around?

What ever happened to "Antique Brass Rail Billards" in Chester, NY? (not too far from Middletown, NY).

Jim Abel, how is he doing? I still have the book he wrote called Best Shot or something like that.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Jim Abel, how is he doing? I still have the book he wrote called Best Shot or something like that.
Sorry to share with you that Jim (Sr.) passed several years ago. I too have a copy of Best Shot and thought it was great. He was a good friend to me. Best, -Steve

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Hi there,
I appreciate you all chiming in.
Gallery Billiards seems like the best option.
I hope that I have time to make it over to Newburgh.
Thanks.

Dave

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Hi there, I appreciate you all chiming in. Gallery Billiards seems like the best option. I hope that I have time to make it over to Newburgh. Thanks. Dave

If you do, there's also a noteworthy gentlemen's club near by, called The Mansion Gentlemen's Club & Steakhouse @ 5268 Route 9W Newburgh, New York 12550 (845) 565-6969. Reviews are outstanding. -Z-

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Sorry to share with you that Jim (Sr.) passed several years ago. I too have a copy of Best Shot and thought it was great. He was a good friend to me. Best, -Steve

Sorry to hear that, I left NY several years ago. The first poolroom I walked into was Classic Cue in Middletown NY where I would eventually work for awhile. Jim was often in there giving lessons to a gentleman who's name escapes me but played with a nice Andy Gilbert cue. He was very friendly and we spoke about his high run which was 242 and he had wins over Miz who he told me was not very nice when he beat him. He beat Caras, Greenleaf, Ponzi and Mosconi among others. He at one time had the record for most balls pocketed in 24 hours, he told me he would never do that again as it was horrible. I might dig up his book and read it again. :)