Pool Rooms in Greensboro NC?

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The twins are wonderful! And Gate City has the BEST beer selection in town. Smoking indoors (also a non smoking room)

They have a great little sub/pizza shop next door. Real good food!

Yumyum! I miss Greensboro. I miss the trees too. I'd give anything for a summer of pool in Grrensboro. Siiiiiiiigggggggggh

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Breaktime changed it's name to Breakers a couple years ago. Still in the Guilford College area.

My favorite little spot when I went to Guilford College. I believe it was semi-private and required a small membership and card though. Atleast when I was going there.

Is Shooters and BG McGees still on High Point Road? Not been to those in quite a looooong time. Though I think I heard Shooters changed it's name or something...

Last edited:

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Rooms in Greensboro, NC

Shooter's on High Point Rd. is still open. It has ten 7ft.Diamond Bar Boxes, three 9ft. Diamond Smart tables (shimmed) and three older AMP 9ft. tables.

B.J. McGees is closed (state highway is going through the property). They haven't reopened as a pool hall, have just opened a high end restaurant off W. Wendover Ave..

Jake's Pub and Billiards on Spring Garden is expanding into the other side of their duplex building and doubling their size. They presently have seven 9ft. Brunswick Medalist's and one Gandy 9ft. that is shimmed. They are adding six 9 ft. Gold Crown IV's and a 7ft. bar box. Their full service bar has around 200 different beers available and very good food~!

Some of the responders to this Thread that live in Greensboro can give you some action if that is your intent! F.Y.I.

My favorite little spot when I went to Guilford College. I believe it was semi-private and required a small membership and card though. Atleast when I was going there.

Is Shooters and BG McGees still on High Point Road? Not been to those in quite a looooong time. Though I think I heard Shooters changed it's name or something...

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who replied. I've made it to Gate City three times, maybe one more trip tomorrow. One of the nicest rooms I've been to outside PA. I met several nice guys and really enjoyed playing there. If I return to this town I'll definitely come back.

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
I'm coming back to Greensboro tomorrow afternoon - ill be in town for 4 days, would love to get some straight pool games in anyone is interested at Gate City. Sorry but I'm only able to play for small change...

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member

Attachments

• Halloween006.jpg
    Halloween006.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 208
The table, and Coliseum Billiards both are still there.

The table is Eddie's (owner) baby...he's got it tweaked for 1 hole. He's a hell of a guy!

Couldn't meet a nicer bunch of pool players (or guys) than at Breakers...(go there!!) Afternoon ring games at times also.

Not to mention the bartender...!

I am sorry for bumping such an old thread, but just wanted to say (if anyone cares to know) that Coliseum Billiards seems to have closed down / and / or changed ownership. It is now called, Carolina Cue & Cantina (http://www.citysearch.com/profile/799201610/greensboro_nc/carolina_cue_cantina.html). I stopped by there today, and the place is a real dive (in my opinion). It seems to be run / owned by Mexicans (I am not racist, I swear). It just seems to be really run down, and they do not seem to clean or take care of their tables. I tried out one of their tables for a few minutes (it was a nice old Brunswick Gold Crown), and it was very dirty, and very unlevel. I switched to a different table, and it was a little worn out, but it was clean and seemed to be pretty level (I think it may have been a Gold Crown 3, because it had a ball return system). Very nice table, but the balls that they give you are not Aramith (or anything of good quality). Some type of cheap quality set I think. Anyways, it was kind of a scary part of town. I will not be going back. I will say that the Bartender was very nice (she was a Mexican lady I think). I think that most of the people in the place were Mexicans.